Slinky Kate 5-5-07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 5-5-07

Well , first of all it was a case of the good and bad bits ………
    Bad,cos I`ve been beaten on the leader board against my 10lb 4oz cod at Royal Quays Marina by an 11lb fish today to “Wahboat” (well done lads)
    Well, that’s the bad, but it`s also the good …. That means that in 2 weeks we`ve had 2 doubles to private boats from Royal Quays, and its only the 5th May whoo hoooooo roll on june,july and august, this could be a good season.
    (don’t `worry we`ll be back with a bigger than 11lb soon )

Out today at 6.30am (yeah Keith late I know)
    Met up with bert and Keith on Shady and also John and mate on Phoenix just outside the piers. Wow there was keith and bert doing ... "Whoop Ya Fookers" non stop. Lol great catch lads.
    Just had to have a go here so in we went and Steve struck quickly with his own Whoop Ya ………..

LOL decided to part company (after the traditional hand over of grog) and left for St Marys. There, on the ebb of the tide we caught consistently till 1.1/2 hrs before low water when it all went quiet. Just the odd one or two after but the mainstay were top of tide to 2 hrs from low.

We seemed to catch on a variety of baits and lures with nothing special (other than the new bait of course) pointing to best of the day.

My first was a stonking 7lb cod that , which for a while I though may well be another double (mind you after seeing the picture I think I need to re calibrate my scales , it`s certainly more than 7lb lol )

Steve, shortly after dug into a nice small ling then continued to boat codling after codling (of which many went back)

Excellent day as ever , and the craic was flowing. A special thanks here to ell who unknowingly set the scene of roars of laughter all day when we kept thinking of the buzzcock utubes LOL “class gangstas” (brings tears of laughter to my eyes even now to think of it) – cheers ell.

And as ever a special thanks to steve my crewman (who did all the work lol)

Just a few pics of the day :-

Johns Phoenix

bert & Keith on Shady

glen and co. on kingfisher

Steves Ling

and My Cod

and as a last thought, not sure if this will show, but a video or two

Cheers folks
    Last edited by Norman; 05-05-2007, 08:45 PM.
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Great report Norman, the vid works a treat, is the lens ok now though?
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Yes a great day as per usual ,great craic and the fishing was canny too and as I said Norman I'm the best fisherman in the North East ,aye I'm a gangster like ,knaaa what a meeeennn
        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Great report Norman, won't be that next Saturday though Steve.

Jim.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

I know Jim it'll be doubles all round mate
            You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

just to say well done again norman and steve, looks like a nice productive day out

cheers
              mark

Comment

well done lads,cracking report Norman
                Cheers Alan...

Comment

video testing

Just tried a new hosting site for video (I`m new to video as I`m sure you`ve guessed, but it`ll improve)

whats your opinion, are these clips better / easier to view then the previous ones that were on photobucket

Glen at Anchor
                  Click here to watch glenanchor

Small codling for Steve
                  Click here to watch steve-cod-1

More feeding the gulls
                  Click here to watch gulls-2

views would be much appreciated

thanks

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

much better Norman, clearer & easier to load.
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

cheers Keith .......... (and well done mate, great finish - see yas in the premiership)
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

yep Norman much easier to load and looked slightly better, whcih site did you use, i could not get photobucket to work, i think it could well of been my vids where to big though.
                        Alan

Comment

i exellent report norman, quite a big turn out , we ended up with a canny haul also heaviest being bang on 6ld,me and wore kid had such a battle on the boat , cos i was ganna put it back, seems a shame to knack a great fish like that,never mind he'll av eaten it be noo
                          cheers for the pics

glen
                          clingons on the starboard side

Comment

haha glen, theres bigger ones to put back , still waiting there.

Alan, I used www.putfile.com seems ok they take video up to 100meg, maybe utube is ok as well but I`ve not tried it yet.
                            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

looks like its starting off to be a good season

sless

Comment

Working...
                              X