Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volante Catch Report 21-05-07

Hi All,

Started by fishing a few wrecks south of Sunderland with no success. All wrecks blanked. The Volante picked a few wreck fish up last week but that seems to have changed.

We then moved to drifting the ground. Using 6ft flowing traces and fresh crab we ended up with around 25-30 Codling to 4lbs. We also got a few Coalies, Wrasse, Pouting and a Scorpion Fish.

The boats out again today, (minus me....some of us have to work). I'll post the catch if I can.

Heard that Sunday was a great day around the Sunderland area. Many boats taking 60+ fish on the ground.

Also hear the Famous out of Hartlepool picked up its first Mackeral on Sunday.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Not a bad day and since the fish seem to come from the close in rough ground its more fishing time and less fuel used so everyone is happy.

Its always good to get the practice in before the big boys show up on the wrecks err
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

do you keep everything you catch or just a few for the pot?
      To whoever stole my anti-depressants
      I hope you're happy now

Comment

Nice one Jeff
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

nice report mate 2 of us off out tomozz(wed) ill report back

Comment

Most are returned.........tend to keep only the bigger fish or those that will not go back. My filleting skills are poor at best, (as Bert, Keith & Norman will testify) and fish would only be wasted if kept them for the purposes of mutilation...!!! When there is filleting to be done I usually get assigned to cleaning the boat.

The boat is out everyday when the skipper is at home, (5 weeks in every 10) and the weather is good. There is no need to fill the freezer when you can have it fresh daily if required.

Jeff.
            Last edited by jeff; 23-05-2007, 11:20 AM.

Comment

we went out at 730 am from sunderland first drop a codling of 1lb 1/2
              then nothing till about 3/3 30 to cod around the 4 / 5 lb mark
              all taken on the rough ground came in at 5 30 saw the volante heading in as we were loading up on slipway

Comment

Working...
              X