Boulmer/Craster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boulmer/Craster

Went out yesterday, 6am from Amble, a glorious morning. had a quick drop just outside of the harbour, I had a 6lb Cod from there on a brief trip out Sunday evening but unfortunately nothing this morning. Went up to Boulmer close in and had a lot of Coalies and three Cod also lost a couple of good ones.......honest. In hindsight should have stayed there while things were looking good but thinking it was going to be a fantastic day headed further North to Craster and eventually Dunstanburgh. The wind was picking up all the time but it was forecast to be smooth or slight. Eventually we were driven back in by the smooth/slight sea ! We had been thinking of tackling the wrecks up there but had decided against it as the wind picked up, a good decision.........for a change ! We managed another couple of Cod in a general drifting session close to Craster. Eventually headed back down to the morning spot at Boulmer but apart from hundreds of Coalies including some good sized onesand sand eels the Cod had gone, but it's now on the chart !

Of course as we entered Amble about 6pm it was a beautiful evening !

A decent day, good have been slightly better, the Cod were about 4-5lb
    and the battery was flat in the camera !

well done on catching that decent size cod and a good catch report as well.
    welcome to nesa

cheers
    mark

Comment

Welcome to NESA & thanks for the report
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

I am up Craster this Sunday if the weather holds out so hoping for a few more cod from the rough ground. We drift about 600-800 yards from the shore from Dunst past the harbour about 500 yards then back again.Did well the last few years but nto sure this year...time will tell.

I am off Friday but could not get booked up from the Tyne. weather looks cracking as well, how far out do you think i will get with a home made paper boat with 13st and then tackle on it lol.

What bait/if any was working the best?
        Last edited by northeast1; 24-05-2007, 03:00 PM.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

i great report and catch mate

cheers
          glen
          clingons on the starboard side

Comment

Welcome to nesa shillbottler.
            I was out yesterday about 11ish got about mile east of coquet island and had to come back in. Got soaken wet on the way back in. got back in about 1ish so not sure if it got worse or better. Neadless to say we got nowt.

I suppose you could call me a longhoughtoner might see you about.....

Comment

Outstanding report mate...!!!

Comment

Hope you just kept a couple for the pan and left the rest for us shore fishermen for the winter!
                Maybe's you and George could fancy joining the Alnwick Sea Angling Club in the winter....Tek it from yer last comment you're a village lad George.....do you live in the North end or the posh South?
                "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

The moderate East just down from the spar. Was thinking about joining a club but with my shifts would'nt be able to fish many comps.
                  Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

Great report mate,welcome to NESA
                    Cheers Alan...

Comment

Working...
                    X