Wor Lass 9th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wor Lass 9th Nov

Not much to report but since it's little quiet on here I’ll post to let you know what it’s like out there. This one was a spur-of-the-moment session, while the wife’s away the fishermen play…..

I started with a little poaching, trying Arthur’s wreck and not finding much fish, or wreck; a lot of it seems buried just now and the wind made for a fast, bumpy drift across what was left.
    To escape the wind I headed inshore of the can at St Mary's to drop the big hook in 40ft of water followed by some smaller ones with a mix of baits. Fishing was a lot more pleasant with the kettle on and cabin’s shelter, mussel bait soon picked up the first fish. At about 2 pounds it was the biggest of the day. A few more fish took ragworm baits then when the sun came out and wind dropped enough to up-anchor and drift, lugworm did the job.
    Small fish in small numbers on a great day to be out at this time of year.

Great report Kevin, like you say, its great to sit back and relax with a cuppa out there, and a few fish as well...

Comment

Good effort Kevin, at least you didn't blank. I've had days struggling to find that wreck, thinking the positions were off, but like you said, could just be buried.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
      X