Slinky Kate 26th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 26th May

What a rollercoaster of a day ,we started at 4.30 am ,Norman already had the boat fueled and waiting ,nice one mate ,we struck out between the piers stopping for a great photo opportunity as the sun rose . First stop was the dirty wreck ,a few mackerel followed by a nice six pound cod for Norman ,an in size Ling which was returned and then a two pound codling for me ,then the inevitable scotchies ,the wind was very cold at this point and so we moved inshore ,to the can wreck ,a fish or two from there and then onto St.Marys after which we had six in fish in the box . A mate of Normans suggested we move to Newbiggen and what a fantastic idea that turned out to be , the skipper found a great hole and we where soon into the fish ( WE GOT THERE JUST ON HAPPY HOUR ) great fighting fish ,the same as St. Marys cod but with a slightly different accent lol . To cut a long story short we came away with fourteen cod and a nice six pound ling ,the biggest cod of eight pounds falling to Norman .... as usual ... .
    One of the best moments has to be slurping red wine from plastic mugs while contemplating what a hard life this is .
    Cheers to Norman for another fantastic day ,putting us on the fish once again where others around found it very hard going , I could go on but ,I'll leave it to Norman to post the pictures ....
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

good report how far out were the mackeral

Comment

Well Done lads!
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Nice one, sounds like you's had a crackin day.

Comment

well done lads
          Cheers Alan...

Comment

Thanks Steve, I think you hit it on the head with the happy hour , we seemed to get to newbiggin just as the fish went on the feed LOL,

Great day out once again, the crack was the best as ever LOL, maybe have to install some sort of wine warmer though to get the red to the right drinking temprature (room temp, on Slinky Kate?) still, 10 minutes resting the bottles on the engine took it close enough.

Just a few picturs (and comments) of the day:-

Sun rising at about 4.35am ......... astounding !

First mackerel of (our) season

Forget what the scales appear to say cos I`m holding its tail,
            it really is an 8lbder

No Steve, That doesn`t count for a doubler . . . . . . . .
            (and thats a turn up for the books,neither were on the bottom hook ! .....)

All in all yet another great day out and a continuing good start to the season with 15 decent cod (and a 6lb ling as well as the smaller one we returned).

Roll on Next trip ............................

ps mackerel look small this year, or maybe its just the shoal we hit.

pps mackerel were over a wreck 3 mile from the tyne however we did catch a single mackerel on royd lures only a mile or less from shore at Newbiggin . . . . so they`re here
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great stuff lads

The 4 macky I got today were massive so it must of just been the shoal you hit Norman.

I was out on The Boys with Kenny & Kyle, we had a slow morning and only managed 3 cod & the 4 mackeral, still it was nice travelling around at a leisurely 7 knots and not having to hang on for dear life lol.
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

good report and well done lads.
                Rod building.................

Comment

well done all of you i was in cullercoats looking out to sea it was full of boats i was wishing i was out too but instead i went to the blue reef aquarium god it was so good there was bass everywhere and one cod about 10 lb my lass wouldnt let me go home and get my rod lol dont think the people would have seen the funny side of me sitting with my rod and tackel box fishing in a tank for bass i think its the only way i could cast far enough to catch them
                  was that a bite (na mate i think it was wind)

Comment

how far were you out when you hit the macky norman ?????

Comment

sorry just read 3 mile lol thanks

Comment

wheres me mackerel; Norman
                        Alan

Comment

Sounds like a good day Norman / Steve.

We fished Newbiggin in the winter, (just off Church point).......we are sure to be trying it again in the summer.

Jeff.

Comment

my apologies mr charlton, I promise to do better next time lol

did think of calling you alan on way back in to maybe pick up a few fresh mackerel for ya, but as I mentioned we only caught small specemins so decided to leave it a few weeks ....... I`ll be in touch with a call next time we get into decent sized.
                            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X