Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south of wight

hi lads thanks for the birthday wishes
    took "lauren amy" afloat weds 23rd may early morning bottom of the tides, didn't have my hopes up but landed a nice 5 .5lb bass first drift off a mark we know as the pinnacles (high underwater sea mounts about 2 mile off ventnor.) continued for an hour and landed 3 more. all but 1 returned.
    then went on to feather up a few mackeral which are still a little scarce down here aswell. another month and they are everywhere, anyway waited for the tide to ease before heading to a little wreck 5 miles south to fish the last of the run off and kept getting robbed by fish too small for our 8/0 hooks (suspected bream) this was confirmed when a 4lb er took my whole squid bait. change of rigs and landed another 9 all 2 lb ish. 1st run of flood didn't fish at all, but all in all a good day afloat.
    i have an old school friend that lived in Ashington and on my summer visits we used to fish out of Tynemouth so it is good to see you all still cathing plenty.
    tight lines
    ty

thanks mate, great report ....... where are you fishing from?
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Just seen the thread title, "South of Wight" ... lol maybe that explains.
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great report, welcome to NESA!
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Great stuff mate .
          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

i great report mate , we holiday on the isle of wight , going there this summer, shanklin town, taking the rods this year

cheers
            glen
            clingons on the starboard side

Comment

nice town shanklin great beaches, only a couple of miles away from where i live. give me a shout when you are coming and weather permitting i will get you afloat on lauren amy if you want

ps
              married with 2 kids (not gay or psychopathic.)or even homophobic to that matter
              tight lines
              ty

Comment

Working...
              X