Volante Catch Report 31-05-07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volante Catch Report 31-05-07

Fishing startad about 09:30hrs with quite a SE swell on the water. The plan to go North Wrecking was shot to hell.......

We ended up heading south and anchoring over some ground marks.

Fishing, (uptiding) started really well with the first cast producing a Cod each for me and the skipper. Were we in for a good day....? Were we flip...!!!

Fished all the recently successful spots with little success. We also tried using the spinning rods to spin for Mackeral and light-line pirk for Cod whilst the bait rods were in the water.......no success this time around. We ended up back in the dock at 15:00hrs to watch the big navy warship make it's way up the Wear.

We finished the day with 3 Codling, 1 Catfish and 3 Wrasse between four of us.......crap. It was quite uncomfortable most of the day as well. I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth as we have had some decent days recently. The highlight of the day was the Sausage and Bacon sandwiches.....cracking as usual..!!

With only a few days left before the skipper returns to looking for fuel in the sands of Saudi we hope to have a day wrecking over the weekend.

Here's hoping for better luck

Jeff.

Bad luck Jeff, it still sounds a wee bit better than my day!!!
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
    X