Luce bay9-10/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luce bay9-10/06

Just returned from my first Tope trip of the year.

Absolutely excellent conditions and some good fish. We finished the two days with a total of ten tope up to about 45lb. The fish were being canny to say the least and we must have missed about 20 runs or more. They were taking the baits but dropping them half way up. It certainly kept things intresting as the fish would then follow the baits up and grab them again...a bit like shadding but everything a bit bigger.

I did not take a 4x4 as we intended to launch at the new slip at ardwell. Well anyone planning to use this slip should bear in mind that it is only usable by 2wd motors at a maximum of 2 hours either side of high tide. The sand is soft after that and a 4x4 would be required.

Friday we launched at east tarbet and the van got stuck!!! So two beach anglers helped push us out. We recovered at high tide on the rock slipway there which was exciting and not recommended.

Saturday we went again to east tarbet and launched and once again got stuck. Despite the efforts of the same two beach anglers and a couple of very pretty girls in bikinis we could not get the van out so had to wait for Ian Burret to come down and tow us out with a tractor. Thanks Ian

The two beach anglers (sorry never got your names) had been fishing the Mull on friday and one of them had all his line taken by a basking shark...an uneven battle but added excitement.

We took the two beach guys out for an hours mackrelling as a thankyou and gave them some fresh bait as they were plentifull.

All the boats on the radio reported fish but in nothing like the numbers they have been getting in the previous few days (28 to 4 anglers was mentioned on ON YER MARKS) Of the five boats we were talking to it seems five tope was average and the pollock were feeding well untill the sun started to shine.

A great two days fishing and I finally have a picture of me with a tope which I will post when oblickta emails it to me.

Luce bay is well worth a go at the moment and if anyone needs info pm me.

Cheers
    Dave.
    Save our Sharks Member
    SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
    NSFC RSA representative

Well done Dave,cracking report
    Cheers Alan...

Comment

Great report Dave, well done mate.

Jim.
      Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Nice one Dave, can't wait to get my boat up their some time when I get chance.

Comment

Working...
        X