Fantastic Fishing on Flamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Fishing on Flamer

I fished with John on Flamer 11 out of Hartlepool yesterday June 11th, it was my first trip of the year and the first since I fished with John exactly 12 months ago. It was definitely worth waiting for. With only 4 anglers plus the skipper on board there was oceans of room so with hardly any wind and the prospect of some sunshine once the mist cleared we set off just after 8.oclock. At the first stop the other 3 anglers were soon into loads of mackeral and blegs and not a single bite for yours truly. The seconds stop was when the floodgates opened for me, first drop a nice 8 pound Ling for starters and then Wham! second drop, triplets of Cod 6,5, and 4 pound. I was the only one using a jigger with squid on the first snood of hokais, but the other lads soon changed their tactics and they too started into the Cod. That first rig and bait caught me 13 prime cod before having to replace the bait for anothr peice of squid and the second bit of bait didn't perform so well, only 10 cod wtih that rig. Had to replace the jigger when it got snagged but the replacement performed just as well and landed me another 11 cod. So a total of 34 nice fit cod at the cost of one lost jigger. The total for the whole boat was over 100 cod, not counting a dozen or so 3 pounds and under that were returned to fight another day. Now where did I put that filleting knife ????

Great report mate, sounds like you had a fantastic day.

Jim.
    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Nice one , sounds like you had a good day.

Any idea of where you's were fishing ?

Comment

Nice one mate, must be nice haven't been out since the invasion of the mackeral last time i was out i was sea sick and so was my mate there was only my other mate fishing only he only got two fish and my other mate only had one fish. Going out the next lot of small tides hopefully. Well done in anyways mate

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post
          Nice one , sounds like you had a good day.

Any idea of where you's were fishing ?

Hi, we went east out of the marina and steamed for about 90 minutes, but with all that mist I never saw the coast all day long, so couldn't really say where we were exactly. I would guess we were probably well off skiningrove, and the ground was not too rough hence only losing one jigger all day long.
          Hope this helps.

davsut

Comment

well done mate
            Cheers Alan...

Comment

Well done. Great to see some cod. Must sort out a trip.

Mick.
              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Thanks to everybody for your replies. It is great to be catching fish again like it was in the early eighties. Lets hope they stay around for a while. I am trying to get out again with John on the 27th with a party of local farmers, if there are any places I will post a couple of days before.

Cheers

Davsut

Comment

Working...
                X