Quick catch report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick catch report

Been out yesterday (Thursday) off Sunderland with 2 mates.

Intention was to uptide and if its slow go for some wrecks. We did not at all expect the uptiding slow, because of the big seas, nice coloured water and OK tide.
    Went out at darkeness 7am and gave the uptiding just southerly of Sunderland a good go.
    Three stops, all imaginable baits (cart, blacks, mussels, squid...you name it)

The miserable outcome was 2 minor cod.

Went to a 3 mile rough ground: nowt

I then decided to try a wreck at 4.5miles and to my delight and surprise we got a triple hookup on the first drift. Aha...result. Even more encouraging, we caught them on 3 different tactics (baited hokkais, Shad and flapper)

We lifted a few cod of that wreck and off we went to my favourite summer wreck at 6.5 nm.

Result again. At almost every drift, we caught cod and ling.

Darkness was looming and we had to head back at 3.30 still catching ;-(

Anyway: Total count was about 5 ling and 10 cod. Nothing big, but one cod @8lb and the ling up to 7.

Anekdotal highlight was when Mike boated a ling, that ling threw up a baby ling of probably 8inch (dead). He put him on his hook and caught a nice cod on it.

I think that is a proper first to use a whole ling successfully as bait !!!
    Last edited by Guest; 29-11-2013, 04:33 PM.

well done lads you done better than us we headed north from south shields two codling and about twelve whiting seems the better fish are up sunderland way sapphire having great sport uptiding

Comment

Great report, just goes to show that you should never give up on the wrecks because its winter.....well done..

Comment

Beezer!
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Great report, well done lads
          A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

Comment

nice one this time year theres hope for us all

Comment

Well done Norbert shame I haven't been able to make it for a while but I'll be out soon. Keep catching mate
              PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
              PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
              PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
              PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Well done. It's good to see some boat reports and some fish reported at this time of the year.

Comment

sapphire

Hey norbert you best change your name on your boat to "sapphire 2" if you catching that many fish,
                  Sapphire Charters Sunderland, Wreck, Reef, Rough Ground, Winter Up Tide, COP 60miles, Fully Licensed & Insured, Tea & Coffee, Toilet, Ring me Peter Skipper 07903454745

Comment

nice one mate
                    did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

Originally posted by sapph33 View Post
                      Hey norbert you best change your name on your boat to "sapphire 2" if you catching that many fish,
                      Would need to paint it blue first...cannot have a red Sapphire

Comment

Working...
                      X