Upholder Amble 10/07/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upholder Amble 10/07/07

Had a trip out of Amble with cockney Dave on Tuesday. Nine of us on board for a spot of team building through work. Some of us had been boat fishing before but at least four of the guys had never been.The weather was as good as it gets, bright sunshine and a flat calm sea.
    First stop was for mackerel, and these were obliging.
    Next it was on to some hard ground.
    Followed by more area's of hard ground until we were fishing off Dunstanburgh Castle. Eventually moved off to a couple of wrecks.
    It pleasing to say that Dave was a great help with the novices and everyone caught fish on the boat. These ranged from cod 2 lb to 8 1/2 lb, lots of small ling around 1 lb with a few at 4 lb and the best at 6 lb. Scotchies to 1 1/2 lb, coalies and one ballen wrasse plus endless supply of mackerel. The majority of the fish were all returned, with the exception of those deep hooked or foul hooked in the backs.I can't belief how quick the time passed, in no time it was 15-30 and time to head back into Amble.
    All in all everyone enjoyed the day and I can recommend Dave as a helpfull skipper.

Good day's fishing there mate - well done!!

Please excuse my ignorance but what kind of fish is a "scotchy"?

In my neck of the woods a "scotchy" is another name for a charva/chav/irksome oik...please don't tell me these elements of society have taken to spawning in the ocean?
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Sounds like a great day Marty, always good for new people when it is like that.

SIXFOOTSTEVE will tell you best what a Scotchie is, he usually targets them.

Jim.
      Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Nice one Marty, sounds like a canny trip.

"SIXFOOTSTEVE will tell you best what a Scotchie is, he usually targets them."
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Jim, it makes the day when complete novices enjoy thier day, as well as catching plenty of fish. Maybe some converts among them.Some good fish lost on the retrieve as well. It must be about four years since I was last boat fishing, after a day like this it kind of wets the appetite again. Even been in Frazers looking at new boat rods !!!!
          Cheers
          Marty

Comment

Lol Marty, I had the same thing last season. First boat trip for about twenty years (that was how I got into fishing over thirty years ago), I was a bit unsure about whether I would enjoy it but it was a great day. I think everyone caught some decent fish, Sixfootsteve got loads of Scotchies again and I managed my first double, don't mention it to Steve though.

Jim.
            Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

maybe he`ll get it tomorrow jim ...

scotchies ............ errrr steve knows them best, he`s the expert.
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
              X