Sarah Jfk 11/07/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Jfk 11/07/07

Well gents it was my first trip out on a boat and i enjoyed every minute off it,,we set of at 07.30 from the royal quays and steamed out for about 30 mins for our first drift in came the mackeral in numbers which i collected a few for bait, a couple of cod were brought up aswell, we then moved on to various wrecks which looked to be about 2 or 3 miles away from the shore.I was using baited daylite`s and orange muppets which i caught 9 cod between 2 1/2 and 5/12 pound also 2 coalies about 2 pound, a few small scotchy`s and a ling about 1lb.i also tried lead heads with blue shad and jigs which i had no luck with,,i think most people on the boat had some decent fish and one fella caught a nice wrasse.

All in all it was a brilliant day and i will be booking up again,Alan the skipper came recomended and i would certainly recomend him myself for anyone thinking about booking a trip, he was very helpfull and a genuine nice bloke.

Scotty

P.S i never got sea sick (GET IN)

Quality mate - sounds mint....I'll be giving Alan a call myself after my summer hols in August...did you borrow the gear? or take your own?

Anyone know when he finishes doing charters for the year? if indeed he does...
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Pleased you enjoyed it Scotty, well done!!

Tony, I think Alan fishes all year round, certainly September is big ling time!
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Well done Scotty.

Can i ask did you put some mackeral on the daylights.

these orange muppets seem popular,i,ll have to get some.

Cheers Mick.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Sounds like another good day. Im off out tomo (13/7) hopefully will get some more Cod, me freezers nearly empty! Just bought a nice new rapala filleting knife i wanna christen.

Mick mate, i often put strips of mackerel on me daylites and have always had good results. I'll try get sum pics up tomo

Comment

glad u enjoyed it, i cannit wait...what was the biggest fish caught on the day do u no mate?

Comment

yeah i baited the daylite`s and muppets the biggest fish was caught by the deck hand about 7 1/2 to 8 pound ish, a lovely clean cod
              scotty

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
                Quality mate - sounds mint....I'll be giving Alan a call myself after my summer hols in August...did you borrow the gear? or take your own?

Anyone know when he finishes doing charters for the year? if indeed he does...
                hello mate i borrowed the rod and reel from alan they wernt the best but worked well,i asked him the same question about his season and he goes out all year,,
                scotty

Comment

Pleased you had a good trip Scotty mate, that's what makes it all worth while.

Jim.
                  Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

yeah, great to hear it worked out well and you had a good day especially catching few fish ........... well done.
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X