Amble 12 Jan 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amble 12 Jan 2020

At last, a trip out on the new boat. My son, Oli and I headed up to Amble to ensure we were over the cill by 08.00, and then headed north to Seaton Point. It was a big tide and the water was dirty and were not sure how fishable it would be, so mooched around a bit before finding a place to anchor. We were using fresh lug and frozen prawns and were straight into a bunch of small codling, but noticed how delicate the bites were, and missed just as many as we caught. This was to be the pattern for the rest of the day, interspersed with the odd pout and a couple of tearaway coalies. We kept one of the foul-hooked codling, which was a pity in some ways as it packed full of roe, but the rest all went back. Biggest of the day was perhaps 2.5lb. At least there were fish about and it was good fun to feel the bites again.

It was just nice being out in the sun with calm seas and only the potters to keep us company. We caught sight of porpoises on a number of occasions too, which was a bonus.

Attached Files

Nice one mate i will have to keep an eye out for you in the coming months good report

Comment

Read your report. Good to see some heavier fish around. I'll keep my eyes open for you. My boats called Bellini by the way.

Comment

Working...
      X