Newbiggin again 16/01/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbiggin again 16/01/2020

Launched 10am to catch the ebb tide starting to run , still a bit SE swell on from last night , doubted if we would get off but on arrival happily gave it the thumbs up , dropped anchor on a drop off into 40 ish ft slow start as tide was just starting to move picked up soon after with codlings homing in on our baits . Baiting with lug, dirty squid and mackerel with mackerel tipped baits doing well , Mark Day was first into a nice cod of 5lb plus we both found the bites were very tentative with odd foul hooked and dropped fish . Was a bit slow for me till I released some anchor line putting me into the bottom of the drop off in 50 ft and picked up some nice cod to 6lb with a lot of size fish returned . Wind started to pick up around 1pm so we upanchored and headed back against the last of the ebb and a fresh SWwind making it a bit of a slog for Mark , no bother for me with the motor lol . Click image for larger version

Name:	FG0WTYs.jpg?1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1583409

Click image for larger version

Name:	pYBL9QD.jpg?1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1583410

cracking sesh there lads, i’m going to have to get my gear dusted off and get out

Comment

Nice one some nice fish too

Comment

Working...
      X