A bit lumy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit lumy today

Well after getting that 10lber the other day i was looking forward to getting out this morning i left the marina at about 07.40 and dropped anchor at 08.00 first drop and a nice fat 4lber came to the boat and it oretty much was like that all the way to the top of the tide i even caught fish during slac water but once the tide turned i never got another bite there was a canny swell running to be honest it was a bit uncomfortable especially after a night on the drink about an hour befote high water 5 kayakers paddled past me nutters them lads but they seemed to be enjoying themselves and they obviously knew the dance as they were sticking together too well like i said the bites dried up so i headed back to the marina at 13.30 my tally was 12 fish nowt smaller than 2n a half lb except one small tommy i kept 4 4lbers all peas in a pod the rest went back well time for a bath tight lines Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_093650.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1583433

Looked for you on the Zetland but never mind, nice to hear you're finding time for a bath.

Comment

Always a good read, thanks for the report.

It was a late start for us. My son Oli had been out on the beer and curry in town, so by the time he was ready to be picked up it was more like 10 am. So we were only anchored up at 11.30 off Alnmouth. It was not a great tide today and the fish seemed reluctant. Bites were more like you get from whiting - fast and furious but not taking the bait in. We had a couple of small ones apiece so upped anchor and found another spot. That was marginally better, and it wasn't until about 2.30 that the first of the better fish arrived. My best of the day tipped the scales at just under 6lb. Overall, it wasn't a bad day, but just a bit slow. A bigger tide could be the answer.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by My Alibi; 19-01-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Nice looking fish

Comment

Working...
        X