Sweet William Royal Quays.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet William Royal Quays.

I have had an eye on this charter all year,wondering can i manage a full day in deeper waters or should i stick to the ones that tend to fish inshore??(im quite happy with a day at sea) fish is a bonus!!
    Anyhoo a short notice trip was posted and i took the bait lol

06 45 tuesday and we were off into a flat sea and a grand sunrise. The first mark produce great sport strings of good coalies and plenty mackkie range from joeys to large,,cod were elusive tho. The morning passed quickly for the 4 anglers on board,with an odd pollack and cod putting in an appearance.some cracking whiting too and the odd pouting

Skipper(Geoff Sharp) announced he was heading off a bit,as one angler badly wanted a ling. Around 1 15 we were on the mark,and yours truly thought he had the bottom!!! anyhoo it gave a bit then a bit more slowly and steadily it was on its way,getting pulled against one and a half knots of tide.Eventually a nice ling appeared,netted by da Skipper and putting 18 lb 11oz on the scales another couple of drifts saw another couple of fish hooked and lost. All too soon it was time to run for home as wind and sea were starting to lift 14 15 saw us on the dock at royal quays. Big thanks to Skipper and other anglers for their help on the day,especially the tea!!!
    Would i return???? Hell Yeah
    Last edited by lingking; 29-10-2022, 03:45 PM.
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

well done on ling mate

Comment

Thanks Gary
      Last edited by lingking; 11-03-2023, 05:03 PM.
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
      X