Finally the boat is back in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally the boat is back in the water

Well after a hard slog lots of ups n downs my new boat is finally back in the water with a brand new engine nanni ti200 wemt out yesterday for a run up to alnmouth area obviously i took a rod once i had a check in the engine bay to make sure no leakages burst hoses etc i dropped a shad in and got a tommy first drop i stayed in the area for 2hrs mostly saling about stopping n starting the engine etc i ended up with a tally of 7 codling i kept 2 3lbers n went back to amble marina in a good frame of mind next day (today) i left amble at 09.30 ish sailed to cresswell stopped dropped a line in again fish first drop 2 n a half lb swalloed hook so it went in the bucket and that was that 2hrs later decided to sail back to amble got to say the engine is as sweet as a nut thanks to jammie of tyler marine for the help onwards n upwards really looking forward to the new season now . Tight lines and lets get this site back to what it was with lots of posts guys

Really good news about the engine. And to be honest, you didn't do badly as it can be very iffy in finding the fish at this time of year.

Glad to see the post., and hopefully the first of many. I wish I could contribute more, but Bellini remains out of the water on the hard at Amble, with storm damage from November 2021 still to be finished. Fingers crossed it will all be done by April or May. Meantime, let's hear from anyone else who has been able to wet a line.

Comment

Cheers good luck with the repairs

Comment

That's good news about the engine, you'll have many more days fishing to report now the boat is fixed and spring is on the way.

My Alibi, I hope you get sorted in time for the spring run, it must be very frustrating being stuck ashore waiting for repairs. Could you bodge a sound but non-aesthetic repair to get you out on the water until a pro can fix the work?

Comment

Hi Kevin,

I've already had 2 bodged repairs, but am confident that the job will now be handled properly by someone who really knows how to repair fibreglass boats. Just waiting for the weather to warm up, which is crucial to achieving a good end result.

Hopefully not too long to wait now.

Comment

Hope to see both your boats when I'm up there this year. A few years back there were loads of quality boat catch reports on here, sadly most of the regulars seem to have left or just don't bother posting anymore.

Keep sharing your experiences, the few left on here still appreciate the time and effort you put into the detailed reports.

Tight lines
            PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

I was one of the regular posters,although i didnt have a boat.decided to go for the easy option (face book),.i made a half hearted attempt last year to post a bit. good luck with new engine and also the lad waiting for repair!!!
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Aye mate i used to loads of reports on but theres so many people using the app to find where the fish are amd not doing the hard work and then not bothering to put posts on also the gill netters use us to find the hot spots its a shame used to be a mint app this

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
                  I was one of the regular posters,although i didnt have a boat.decided to go for the easy option (face book),.i made a half hearted attempt last year to post a bit. good luck with new engine and also the lad waiting for repair!!!
                  Haven't forgotten your reports m8
                  PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Working...
                  X