First Report in a While

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Report in a While

I’s been a while since I posted, mainly because I don’t fish as a much now but still enjoy looking in here to see what’s new. Here’s something in return to keep things moving.

I headed out to the 3-mile wrecks today, which took a little longer getting there than with the last boat. Fish were there from the off, nothing big but enough to keep the interest up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	202307101.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	1592773

The drifts were fast when something big pulled the rod over double and bumped around as I slowly recovered line and lifted it away from the bottom. After moving it about 5 yards it went lighter and a scotchie came spiralling up to the surface with a long length of braid tangled around my other hook. It must have been the cause of all that extra weight and excitement before it dragged free of the wreck.

The wind picked up by about 1pm as forecast and when the tide turned in the same direction the drift was too fast to fish. Time for home on a speedy ride. By the time I reached the piers most of the morning mackerel fishers had left, probably chased off by the wind which was knocking the tops of the waves into white horses.

Click image for larger version  Name:	202307102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	1592772

Not a bad morning out, I’ll have to do it again now I have more time.

Great to see you back out again. Not lost the knack of catching too. Nice report, and many thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
    X