Mixed bag today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed bag today

I headed out 0630 went south to cresswell did about 10 drifts plenty tommys to 2lb all released got 2 cracking pollock 4 n a half lb and 5lb also got a pout and a few mackerel and a lovely whiting i headed inshore really close to the beach but didnt pick any flatties up i also tried spinning for bass nothing doing so i headed back hitting a couple marks on the way picking up more tommys at the finish i kept 3 mackerel 2 pollock and the whiting tight lines
    Attached Files

The forecast put me off today. Was it particularly windy out there?

Looks like I may have missed an opportunity. Well done on the catch, especially the cracking pollock.

Comment

First thing in the morning it was as flat as wind did pick up later but it wasnt too bad

Comment

Interesting you mention fishing closer in for flatties? Don't often hear of anyone targeting flatfish in the boating section of forum. Don't get me wrong I love fishing for the typical Cod, Ling and Pollock but have always fancied trying to find some Turbot. Had loads of babies off the beaches around Warkworth so there must be some bigger ones out there somewhere??????

Keep the reports coming you lot
        PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

I fish for flatties a lot very relaxing im just heading out now 15 or so mile to try for turbot

Comment

Working...
          X