Sunday 1st October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 1st October

Had a short trip out of Amble on Sunday as conditions seemed ok. left marina around 3.30 and once we dropped some line quickly realised the offshore wind was making us drift really quick, our lines literally went sideways rather than down

heavier leads applied and we were still struggling to hold bottom and I lost more rigs in that session than on the last 3 or 4 trips.

No mackerel about ? have they gone ?

Fish tally was 3 codling of around 1.5lb 2 pollock 1 Coaly all returned. Killer bait was raw prawns from Amble market. Wouldn't trust them for human consumption but fish loved them

Bit of engine startup trouble had us drifting rather close to Coquet Island eventually she fired up and we called it a day returning to marina around 6.00.

Was nice to be out but fishing was poor. Big tides and strong offshore wind probably not helping.

sorry no photos, nothing worth showing.

Don't think I have an invite out this weekend so back on the beaches, had my first reasonable sized codling last friday evening 41cm, returned and was pestered by small coalies and whiting.

tight lines

jonny
    PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good on you for getting out.

I won't be reporting for a month or two. I broke my leg out on a clifftop walk in North Wales, but look forward to reading what else you guys do

Comment

Originally posted by My Alibi View Post
      Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good on you for getting out.

I won't be reporting for a month or two. I broke my leg out on a clifftop walk in North Wales, but look forward to reading what else you guys do
      Really sorry to hear that Adrian, hope it heals fast m8. Its a tiny consolation but you are not missing much at the moment.

Walked past your boat last weekend as my friends had been moved, she is a beauty

Hope to see you back active soon

Jonny
      PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Working...
      X