First trip out since Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First trip out since Sept

It was a lovely day for February, flat calm and sunny, and was so nice that my missus chose to grace us with her presence. This was my first trip out on the boat since the beginning of September last year because I had the misfortune to have a serious accident not long afterwards that left me pretty much housebound. My leg has healed nicely but I've still got double vision, which was very noticeable when I tried to dock today. Oli had to take over and saved my bacon.

Today was just a short trip to check everything still worked, but I still managed to wet a line around Hauxley. There were stacks of coalies, all around 3/4lb, with a few tommies too. It felt so good to be out on the water after such a long time. I hope the next trip will be longer, and I'll get back into posting on the forum again.

Tight lines everyone!

look forward to your nxt report n you fully recovered

Comment

I could have managed a trip today, I reckon, but instead it was a family day out at Budle Bay and Ross Sands. Beautiful beach, and a cracking day. Probably a bit too far to come on the boat, but wonder if anyone fishes this area, either offshore or from the beach?

Comment

Good to see you are starting to get out again Adrian, wishing you a speedy full recovery. Hoping to get out on my friends boat sometime over next few weekends, will say hello if I see you around marina.

Tight lines everyone.

Jonny
        PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Thanks Jonny. Will certainly do so. And good luck for when you do get out !

Adrian

Comment

Working...
          X