Another day on northstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day on northstar

We'll another nice day on board the Northstar weather fantastic the sea was like glass and sunshine oh and we ended up with probably 30 codling to keep heaviest about 7lb but the majority between 3 and 5lb with plenty going back
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1530725
    CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

well done again Jim, looking promising for coming months
    Chris

Comment

Well done Jim nice to see a few fish
      Uptiding or on the drift ?
      PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
      PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
      PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
      PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Looking good mate...

I might just get out one of these days...

Comment

has denise been doing some "coaching"
          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
            has denise been doing some "coaching"
            I think I have unleashed a monster
            CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

Comment

I may be opening a can of worms but I consider myself to be a responsible angler and confess to being disappointed with this blog. I accept the camera can sometimes give a distorted view but I've looked at the catch photo several times and at best I can see 5 fish that any responsible angler could regard as "keeper size".
              I get that it's a few bob for a spot on a charter boat and I accept a few fish will offset the cost but we need to be appropriate to our sport.
              I'm not suggesting the skipper is allowing undersize takes but that photo does nothing to enhance our cause in the face of so many proposals for extending the UK marine conservation policy.

Comment

I reckon the unspoken thought of most people who look at that photo will be how small the fish are and nobody who fishes on my boat would keep fish that size. Valid point about photo's of small fish with all the worry just now about additional conservation zones on the North East coast.

Comment

the fish would be legal size. end of.
                  of course in this free and modern society we live in everyone is entitled to their opinion,regrettably
                  AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

I can assure you every fish that comes on board is checked and no undersized fish are kept I have 3 separate measures in place to ensure this and all of those are 3cm over the minimum size I personally rarely keep anything below 4lb unless they are in no state to be returned. But when you have a party on board you can only advise and providing they are a legal size it is up to irrespective of what I think I try to encourage anglers to only keep what they want for home if I am fortunate enought to catch fish I only keep 3 or 4 and in the past when I have got these I have put double figure fish back. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that.
                    CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

Comment

What a pile of pompous tosh!

As Duncan says a legal fish is a legal fish, end of!!
                      Last edited by kayos; 15-03-2014, 12:58 PM.
                      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

I just cannot believe what I have read, This site now has a good few charter skippers who show what's been caught and how things are actually improving in this sport. And here we have people who just want to dampen things and make these skippers feel like they shouldn't post.

I love the posts and it keeps me informed about what's happening in the north and the fish all look size to me! Give these lads a thumbs up as it takes time to post these reports and keep us informed

Great to see north star doing well

Sean
                        The beautifull South

Comment

Originally posted by big_sean View Post
                          I just cannot believe what I have read, This site now has a good few charter skippers who show what's been caught and how things are actually improving in this sport. And here we have people who just want to dampen things and make these skippers feel like they shouldn't post.

I love the posts and it keeps me informed about what's happening in the north and the fish all look size to me! Give these lads a thumbs up as it takes time to post these reports and keep us informed

Sean
                          Totally agree!!
                          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by big_sean View Post

Sean
                            agree too,excellent comment
                            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Got to agree 100% with mark ( Kayos ) any fish that's legal sized can be kept and I get sick of hearing people saying they should be put back it costs a lot of money over the year so IMHO I would keep them to plenty of family n friends who would like a fresh cod supper
                              KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                              PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                              PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                              OKUMA TRIO 55
                              YUKI RUBYMAR
                              RON THOMPSON TYRON
                              SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Working...
                              X