Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Started 26 April 2008

Slinky Kate - Catch Report .... Saturday 26th April 2008

Out early this morning, so early I couldn`t see to check the oil level as it was still pitch dark at 5.00am

Tony the Wallsendo as able crew member this morning bright and eager although it was a bit cold and windy.
    Just a short trip this morning as I had other things to do at 12.00 hence the early start.

There was a fairly brisk southerly (maybe SE a bit) this morning but since it`s followed a westerly for a day ot two then the sea was essentially flat.

Didn`t have to go too far or wait too long for the codling to start coming aboard, in fact I think the first was in 5 minutes and the second in 10.
    Was then joined for breakfast by bert,keith,kyle and I think darren on Shady who also had no problems in digging into the codling (as I`m sure keith will report soon)
    Seems the season has started as fish after fish came over the gunwhales, best about 5lb but all good clean fish.
    Not a real choice as to what was best bait or lure (except for the special ****** ******) that seemed to work well.
    I think Richies comment about crab bait was a bit off the mark as well as the peelers that Tony brought along were eagerly snapped up (and swallowed down as deep as the tail! )

All in all a great start to the season with over a dozen fine codling between the two of us (along with the usual scotchies of course - read it and weep steve )

Just a few pics of the day

Wallsendo, The new Scotchie king (until Steve convaleces)

But then again of course Tony Could turn into the new Codling king

Or even the new chef of the day ..............

Q. How do you know you`ve had a good day ?
    A. When it ends like this ...... followed by tons of gulls

Roll on the next trip. !

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Aye an excellent morning out Norman...figured out that was on average a fish was every 15ish minutes...not bad really

few more pics...

Normans 5lber

Our neighbours for the day ...although we'd robbed their first spot of all the fish

End result...

and the mandatory toast to a great mornings fishing...

I'll not disclose the Top Secret baits but crab baits did pull at least 3 fish in, and the biggest for me at about 3lb

Again - cracking morning out Norman...you were missed Steve but hopefully see you soon

Cheers

Tony
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Well done lads!! Where's me fish supper Tony
      Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Looks like a great start there chaps ,I felt as if I was there on every photo , ahhh the scotchies didn't shy away just because I was missing I see . I'll be back. .

signed ...... Stevie scaffold spine.
        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Great stuff lads!!!

Thanks again for Brekkie Norman
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Nice one lads,well done
            Cheers Alan...

Comment

saw you were out still when me and him were at the RQ this afternoon, thought you must be having a good un as you weren't back in yet, can't wait to get among em next week

was going to go crabbing while we're up there but might give it a miss now

roll on next week.

we might be joining you in the RQ after todays little tete a tete with them, jury's out till the 'judge' returns on monday

St pete's were very welcoming though so we might end up along there
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by matchman
                D'you know whats really cr*p about this site...?
                I'll tell ya one thing thats crap about this site is the amount of people using duplicate names,no excuse really as you can retreive your password from Admin.(Penn525)
                If nobody replied to threads,especially catch reports,people probably would'nt bother leaving them........
                If you had a valid question then why not start a New Topic.
                Well done on your sarcastic remarks
                Cheers Alan...

Comment

Apologies to Norman and Tony for your Report being slightly Hi-jacked
                  Cheers Alan...

Comment

Cheers for the trip out again Norman...nice bag of fish to start the season off
                    Last edited by mark; 27-04-2008, 12:03 AM.
                    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                    I AGREE

Comment

A sad end to a positive early season thread but one that might move us forward, as a website. If I can put my teachers hat on for a bit and look at it from a distance:

1. I thought that the thread, as Normans usually are, was enthusiastic and informative.

2. I'm sorry guys, but like Paul, I hate opening threads to find the "well done" bits, especially if, like Norman, you know what is good and only Joe Average. I don't believe I've ever replied thus although I could be made to stand corrected.

3. If I had replied to the thread viza vi the no.2 comment it would have been a "well done" AND I was surprised about the peeler bait as I would have seen it as a bit early - that, I think, moves the thread on.

4. As for Pauls initial request, it seemed perfectly reasonable. It also seems reasonable that no-one replied because I suspect no-one on here has tried what he was suggesting. Perhaps one or two thought it may be worth a try.

To get to where we have done on this thread is both disappointing and disheartning, from both sides of the fence. Lets hope people from both sides don't leave the board and we can learn from one another's experiences.

Comment

Yes Sir!

I deliberately left matchmans initial post, maybe it will provoke a useful response, and was an interesting comment , there may well be a 'one too many' influencing what came after it, so I deleted the rest to try bring it back together

the comments were totally out of order IMHO and uncalled for, there's been a bit of a spate of that in recent times

so nipped in the bud I hope, so everyone else can just get on with it and play nice

with the added benefit that I learned how to spell viza vi tonight as well
                        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Haha Mark....must admit it was way past my bedtime, the red wine was flowing and I couldn't be a***d to get the dictionary out. Will give myself GCSE English grade A* though, as grammar and punctuality seem to play no part in the exam these days.
                          Seriously though, reading Pauls thread I've done none of the things he's mentioned. I know I'm not a boat fisherman but my experiences off our coast are limited to fishing a bottom hook, usually on the hard, on the drift or at anchor. The idea of laccying (check that as well mate lol) your sinker is a new idea to me and one that might work amongst the boulders further north off the shore or even off High Point, north of Cullercoats, so lots of positives from the thread.
                          Hopefully we can return to useful banter.

vis-a-vis, vis-a-vis, vis-a-vis, vis-a-vis

Comment

??? (alan)
                            Last edited by Norman; 27-04-2008, 08:16 AM.
                            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

I was too knackered and fell asleep. what did I miss ?
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Working...
                              X