Slinky Kate - May bank Holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate - May bank Holiday

5am start this morning - forecast wasn't promising so we headed out early to get at least a couple of hours in...

Well the unpromising forecast never materialised and we were greeted by flat seas and virtually no wind...

Great we thought - here fishy fishy

Well it appears Shady and crew ravaged the North Sea with their exploits yesterday and left a barren wasteland beneath us because fishing was very hard going. Although Norman did catch a few of these to get us going

Aided by the bonus of fair weather we were able to move about quite a bit...

A couple of 2lbers fell to the boat in the meantime and also a couple of smaller ones which were released - all to Norman; although I'd had my share of the scotchies

Eventually Norman had a good take...

Another 5lber to go with his one from last week

By this point we had done quite a bit of everything - inshore off the piers, wrecks up to 3 mile, rough ground at the can....using muppets, flowing traces, hokkais, daylites, pirks...mussel, crab, squid, runnydown...and all for just 3 Cod to the boat...it was after 10am and I still hadn't contributed to the catch

We moved away from the can and drifted around the back of St Marys...

I was using flowing trace with a load of mussel and squid on...lo and behold I eventually got my first Codling (not bad for 5 hours work)

Moved away from St Marys eventually and drifted the rough ground south of the can when Norman got another good take...

The first Ling of the year - it was a skinny thing though so back it went...

And then?...after losing a multitude of leads, rigs, pirks and patience we decided to call it quits just after midday. Our excuses for today? Well after listening to Alan Skinner on the radio lamenting at the tides being too big, we've decided that's what it was (if it's good enough for him it's good enough for us )

Great mornings fishing, and the fair weather was definitely a bonus...4 fish is better than no fish

Cheers again for the trip out Norman - I think we were spoilt last week...brought back to earth with a bump this time round.

Cheers

Tony

PS...there was a veritable Armada at the yellow can...I can only assume they were awaiting the triumpherant return of Pansy into port ...(hope all is Ok boys)
    Last edited by The Great Wallsendo; 05-05-2008, 02:25 PM.
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Well done again lads,excellent report. Suprised no mackeral are showing yet like with the flat seas maybes a few more weeks if it stays settled.

Comment

My Goodness Tony, I didn`t realise the weather had been that good. Great pictures there mate cheers ......... next time for the big uns eh?
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
        My Goodness Tony, I didn`t realise the weather had been that good. Great pictures there mate cheers ......... next time for the big uns eh?
        My heed is pink...I'm going to have to dig out the after sun

Yes mate - big fish will follow (I Hope LOL)

In answer to the macky question - none yet...I did put plain daylites out to see if there was owt doing but nothing yet...
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

Nice one lads, great pics.

As you say Tony, 4 fish is better than no fish and it's certainly better than sitting round the house bored silly all day.

Norman, dunno how you expect to catch anything without your lucky '73 shirt on
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

LOL Keith, had to bin it when you made me realise what I was doing . LOL just kidding it`s still there with the rest (they`re all lucky numbers )
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Sorry to interrupt your thread Norman and Tony but....I'm here at home alone wondering what that Keith bloke is on about.

Doesn't he know that only the great and good ever get presented with the special t-shirt that no-one else knows about.

Sorry couldn't help it.

Comment

nice one Dave ..............
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

E E?

:d:d
                  Cheers, Keith.

Comment

i thought that was your nesa trophy you had above your head
                    ahhahaa

sless

Comment

lol Keith

Not mine Grahame.............ours

Comment

its only a lend
                        hahahah

sless

Comment

note to self...put cream on your head EVEN if it's raining ...my heed is pink and sore today
                          Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

pink im fooking boiled like a lobster
                            lmao
                            roll on it lasting tony great boat fishing weather
                            hard luck on the catch report mate at least you and norman had a go

Comment

Working...
                            X