Volante Bank Holiday 5th May 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volante Bank Holiday 5th May 2008

Our day was very similiar in terms of return as the "Slinky crew". Four of us left the dock at 09:30hrs and got back around 17:00hrs. Great weather....no wind but, very big tides...!!

Dave worked his socks off today, (first time for everything). We went out with the intention of trying the wrecks. We went as far north as Whitburn, as far south as Dawdon and up to 8 miles out. We must have hit 15 or more wrecks today and the return was crap.

I'll get this out of the way first....me and Davey blanked....not even a bite. Tony, (old git) and Marti,(most expensive Gas repair man in history) got the few fish we had. They ended up with 5 Codling to 6lbs, a couple of Ling to 7lbs, and a Haddock of about 2lbs. The fish that were taken were on baited lures.

We tried shads, pirks, muppets etc. bait traces, anchoring, drifting and even Uptiding on the ground on the way back in.......just about everything. Performance wasn't down to the lack of trying...!!! From the radio chat everyone seemed to be struggling today.

Never mind, there's always a next time.

Cheers,
    Jeff.

Hard luck Jeff, days like that can really test you........and I know Dave will have been trying his very best........I bet the cooked lunch/breakfast made up for it though

Comment

well as you say jeff there`s always a next time, it really was slow going out there today ................ (lets just blame the tides, they were big ! )
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

It gets worse Mick........ Dave's cafe was open today but my participation wasn't up to it's usual levels of greediness...!!! I'm being careful with what I eat as I hit a landmark weight that scared me a little a few weeks ago. It was Tuna sandwiches for me today.....!!

You can tell I haven't been fishing for 4 months as well......the soles of my feet are aching, legs are aching and I've irritated a back injury I got trying to be a clever sh@te at the gym a while ago. All of this and it was like a mill-pond out there today. Roll on work tomorrow for a much needed rest.

Comment

Great report as always Jeff, well done with the Tuna Sarnies mate

Jim.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

You obviously can't fish on an empty stomach Jeff.
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

unluck jeff mate same reports from boats out of seaham harbour hard work and a few keepable fish

Comment

great report jeff like you say there always next time mate.
                Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Working...
                X