10th May 2008 - slinky Kate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th May 2008 - slinky Kate

Well, here we are again another catch report ............. whoooo hooo that means we must have caught (else i`d just keep quiet haha)

We`re trying here to get a few reports in before mark and ell and marc set out to catch everything in sight from pansy and so leave us with nothing to report ........
    lol look forward to the pansy reports lads.

Tony (wallsendo) and I set out this morning bright and early at 5.00 am (still got beat by by bert who was already off his mooring as we passed )
    we`d looked at the forcast closely this week but it kept saying 10mph easterly therefore we ignored it as it`s always wrong and fingers crossed set about the exit of the marina.

It was a beautiful calm morning (nothing like the forcasts) but visibility was rather low as in the first two pictures. As we got to the piers it became impossible to see from north pier to south pier so any hopes of fishing the wrecks or marks immediatly around the mouth of the tyne were binned due to the danger of incoming and outgoing traffic (as marc knows well you dont tangle with a north sea ferry especially in the mist). This led us to a simple decision, as the forcast was not good and as the mist was down there was only one thing for it , stay inshore and fish the hard ground .........

Tony fished mainly with big baits whilst I started with baited lures, was only some 15 to 20 minutes before tony (after waiting patiently) dug into his first codling of the day a nice 3lbd fish.

We`d set out early to catch the tide, as at this time of year the hard ground seems to fish only well on the flood tide and not on the ebb, this proved to be the case with a steady run of fish to us both from our start at 5.00am till the high at 7.30am and an hour or so over the top. Then after about 9.00 am 1.5 hrs down the tide it was hard work with I think an almost total turn off at about 10.00am when we decided to call it a day and return to fillet the days catch.

All in all a fantastic day out with a catch of fifteen codling mainly in the 3lbd to 4 lbd range with the odd one to 5lbd (4lbd are by far the cleanest and best tasting plated fish). great crack as usual and a suntan into the bargain.

knowledge gained to date:-
    For the first time in a long while, some things are becoming almost predictable
    1. The weather ...... see three forcasts, take the average, and deduct 10MPH on the wind. (direction is usually ok) (oh and add a little sunshine cos it`s alway better than they say)
    2. Fish the flood inshore during May/June/July 2 hrs after bottom to 1 hour over the top
    3. Go to the secret place to fish
    4. bert alway gets out earlier and catches more fish

Just a few pics of the day

Sunrise at 5.00

The harbour but no sign of the piers in the mist

Tony in anticipation (and before he slipped from that position and almost joined SIXFOOT in the neck injury section)

Tony and his first codling of the day

Me and my first codling of the day (and Keiths fav 73 shirt, don`t know why he likes the number 73 )

Then last but not least a good cod for Tony at our secret place which I`m sorry but unfortunately information regarding this precise location along with lures, bait and tactics are totally secret and can not be divulged

cheers

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Well done lads, great report Norman.

I picked the lads up at 4.0am so we were slightly ahead of you.

I'll upload a couple of pics & post our catch report.
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

great report lads im hoping to be out 2morro with the new boat probs only be fishing just out of the piers (king eddys bay side probs) if its flat of course if not ill be staying inside the piers lol (chicken ****) i'd be happy with those cod all day long

Comment

73? Did someone say 73?

Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Great morning out Norman ...I don't half look miserable in that first pic (prob coz i knew what was coming?)...I was sat in that spot most of the morning...until I slipped, clattered my back on the small step coming down, nearly dropped my rod over the side and shouted all manner of expletives while lying on my back - and Norman just laughed (well you would wouldn't you )....got a nice bruise on the small of my back now LOL

Weather was great again...wore suncream this time tho'

Cheers as ever Norman....off to read the Shady report now and see what slim pickings they've left for the Commercial fleet
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

well, it was funny LOL but I did jump up when I seen your rod nearly go over cos you were lying on the deck........ I thought it may have been a bite
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

im pleased you lads had some action we launched from Hadston beach at 12-30 we had 1 bite between the two of us called it a day at 5-30 with only a sunburnt head to show for it

Comment

Fresh as it comes

not both for me I hasten to point out, in spite of my portly demeanour
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

Great report as always lads. Tony that is not fair.....i can't even remember what cod tastes like!nyou could of made my tea
                  Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Ace report Norman.

Love the read n piccies, just wish I was there.

73 a Fanastic Year, my lad was born and we won the FA Cup.

Well there goes my invitation to fish from onboard Slinky Kate.

Comment

Great post,Great pics as always Norm well done it was like a "summers day" out there today..you dont get many of them round these parts this time of year
                      Cheers Bert

Comment

Aye cheers bert but don`t worry I`m well aware that once again yous pipped us in the catch rate .... one day LOL

Great weather out there today eh, not as the weather forcast(s) said it would be .....

Your right , they don`t get much better ..........

John E , dont worry mate you`ll look fine in the regulation black and white striped shirt.
                        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Well done lads very enjoyable read the report, excellent piccys and well done on the fish. Finally the weathers looking real good,hopefully more nice fish will be taken soon.

Comment

Nice one Norman
                            you could see the bank of Fog/Mist lying off shore when i was heading into Blyth yesterday morning,wish i had a camera with me as the sun was poking through a hole,in fact there was a lad taking photos on Laverock Hall Road,presume this was what he was looking at,quite impressive unless theres a ship in your path
                            Cheers Alan...

Comment

Well done lads. Good report.
                              No sign of expensive vino and glassware this week lol.

Hope to get out myself soon when work and weather allows.

Comment

Working...
                              X