10th May 2008 - Shady H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th May 2008 - Shady H

Another fantastic morning out on Shady, picked the lads up 4.0am and we were out the piers for about 4.30am, Bert, Kyle, Kenny & myself.

The lads picked a few up inshore in the usual place, all I could get was snagged and I could feel the bottom lip swelling, think Bert had 3 in first 3 drifts on the pirk, while the three K's were using that rubbish crab.

Headed off to a couple of 3 mile wrecks but they were just not producing the same as last week, the lads got a few more again and I got snagged, (total Daimien Duff on by now) although I did manage a scotchie so it meant i wasn't gonna blank.

As Norm said in the Slinky catch report the sea was flat calm but slightly foggy, tried to get a photo of what looked like a ghost ship from pirates of the caribbean , silouette against the sunrise.

Headed back in shore and Bert found another hot spot called "LOCATION NOT TELLING" the cod were going daft for the second rate bait so much so that even huffy started bagging a few.

Headed back in about midday with a total catch of 46 cod

Think the Grays all caught 12 each, whereas I only managed 10 (just because I gave them a chance early on )

Cheers Bert!!!! surely it can't keep getting better every week?
    Last edited by KeithB; 10-05-2008, 03:04 PM.
    Cheers, Keith.

Excellent as ever lads nice one...this Gray (I've got same surname too...are we related ) only contributed 4 with the skipper reaping the plaudits for the second week running ...can't complain tho' fish supper for tea the neet (pic to follow )
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Well done lads, seems you had similar experiences, looks like this could be a great start to the season..... we`re gonna need bigger boxes .
      As for forcasts, they`re all going sissy scared and forcasting much worse in an effort to not be caught out like Micky Fish
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

well done lads

sless

Comment

excellent day lads well done i just hope they move towards amble soon coz it was terrible today

Comment

Nice one KeithB, looking forward to you bagging a PB Cod this year.,

Comment

Well said Keith and YES it was a fab day out on SHADY once again both fish and weather wise,long may it continue
              Cheers Bert

Comment

Aye Keith that Damian Duff bait is'nt much good,very overated ,do you's want him
                Nice report and photos mate
                Cheers Alan...

Comment

Nice one lads.
                  Sunny day, flat sea's and a box full of cod. What more could a fella want.

Comment

Working...
                  X