Calisto 5/610 Cracking Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calisto 5/610 Cracking Day

Was supposed to be out at 6 am this morning, but my mate slept in so we never actually got down to the marina until 8am, was around 8:30 before we were heading out through the piers.
    We were met by quite a decent size swell and quite a bit of movement on the water.
    I was'nt planning on staying out too long as my mate looked a little white, 1st drop resulted in 2 mackerel then it went a little quiet, i set off to a bit of ground where i have had a few fish and we were into them in double treble and a few instances full strings of 5, sometimes 3 different species on one string.
    Fishing was frantic for spells then dieing off, then when i was going back to my original starting point we were on them again.
    We ended up on the day with excess of 100 fish 40-50 mackerel, around 25 codling of which we kept 6, the rest were border line size and just under.
    We also had around 30 coalies, kept 2 all rest of them were returned, some size some under.
    I lost a doubler off towards the end of the day about 6-7 feet under the boat, i saw it come up then bang off. As slack water started to loom the fishing died off a bit and we decided to call it a day.

Best days fishing for me this year and hopefully a sign of things to come, i didnt bother with the wrecks today we just fished the ground.

Well done lads, sounds like the mackeral are starting to show in good numbers now.

Comment

nice report mate pleased you hit into a few fish roll on the next westerly winds
      Cod machine

Comment

Great stuff, as you say hopefully a sign of the things to come.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Well done and a nice report. Catch reports today have all been good. There is going to be a lot of fish and chips combined with sore arms and backs this weekend.

Jonny
          PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Great day out mate , leaves a lovely warm glow in you dosn't it? I wonder where the mackerel are up my end ? Only had one today.

Ray

Comment

Sounds like the coalies are here in big numbers , nice report mate.
              You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Well done mate, good to hear you had such a good day ..... mind you the crew sleeping in till 8.00am just isnt good enough

norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Looks like the summer fishing has well and truly arrived. Top notch report.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Thumbs up mate fish ahoy!!
                    Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X