Stingray what a cracker 5.6.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray what a cracker 5.6.10

Well what a cracking day all round fish from start to finish, myself and 2 mates headed out at 6am this morning and met with a rather up and down sea but all fears of a short day soon put to rest when we got to the 1st wreck.

We all dropped down and to be honest could of filled the boat within 30mins with a layer of mackerel and if you made it past them coalie and then the codling on the bottom...often it was a mix of mackerel, codling and coalie per lift of a set of daylights..not seen as many fish in one spot yet this year....but since the size was not great we left them after bagging a bucket of mackerel.

Set away to try a abit further off to a couple wrecks and landed a few ling and codling upto 5lb...then i made the call...lets go for it well off we went and after a 1hr 20mins steam ended up at a couple of wrecks in over 210ft of water, all i can say is WORTH IT.

We lashed the cod and ling in for next couple of hours with ling to 10lb and cod to just over 10lb. At one point i gave up fishing as my back was killing and tackle loses started to mount as the marks in question stood a good distance off the bottom.

So we ended up with 50 cod and ling keepers, loads of coalies, pouting,mackerel and smaller codling returned etc

This was by 9am and trebble that returned

My catch 8 cod
    Loads codling returned
    12 ling
    20+ coalie
    20+ mackerel
    2 pouting

Best day catch wise at sea this year and the first day we found a couple of wrcks packed with fish.
    Last edited by northeast1; 06-06-2010, 08:49 AM.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Nice one Richie, that's a great haul especially only catching 2 bait robbing scotchies
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Stingray 5.6.2010

Yes what a cracker of a day ,once again cheers to richy for a
      cracking days fishing.fish from start til finish and to round the
      day richy had double cod.will have to get some exercises done on
      the back cos mines killing me :d:d:d:d

Comment

Sounds like a crackin day, you sure they were coalies though lol.

Comment

Great report! Think that wreck might be a little too far for the Kayak

Comment

Well done Rich Thats one nice cod in your first pic. I am sure I have seen more decent reports this year than all last season put together.

Jonny
            PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

It's bloody hard work this cod fishing isn't it? I think I'll go back to pike fishing for a rest lol. Some lovely fish there Rich , bad forcast for the next few days , by the time the weather comes good again we'll have forgotten all about back aches and chompin at the bit again

Ray

Comment

some nice fish there m8 well done, i was going to push the boat out a bit further myself today but those close in swells put me off,what was it like out there and how far were you out.

Comment

is that all hope its a better day next time welldone lads better than been in doors i must say
                  Panel Pin Champ

Comment

The further out we went the flatter it was and even in over 210ft of water we had no drift for a couple of hours so pick your spot on the wreck and stop. Paying for it now, just got to get ready for work and arms, back the lot are killing..worth it
                    ................__................................ .............................
                    ____[ ~ \_____
                    [__On-A-Roll__/
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    P.B
                    SKATE 204lb
                    COD 51lb
                    LING 32lb
                    TOPE 40lb
                    CONGER 25lb
                    HADDOCK 10lb
                    HALIBUT 37lb
                    COALIE 16lb
                    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

It looks like a blinding day mate ,I don't want to post another well done .....but ,erm , well done .
                      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Wow, and well done Rich and crew. He who dares......wins. Sounds like you all need a rubdown with ibuprophen
                        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Crackin report rich, and well done on the double. Certainly looks as if the further out wrecks are holding.

spot on mate and great pics as ever.

norm
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great stuff Richie bet your pleased tou made the call to go out into deeper water spot on lovely fish
                            Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Jammy sods! I dug out some of my kit, re-loaded my main reels and was gonna look for the bag of sinkers/hooks/pirks etc and typical style wrecked my back one morning before I got to give you a call. Ohh well, give it time to heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X