King Ling 5-6-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Ling 5-6-2010

Picked col and phill up at 5.15am and headed down the marina unknowing of conditions as weather report was unpredictable,it looked pretty flat with no wind so headed out anyway just to find them sickly uneven swells through the piers of sunderland(as phill found out later).fished over hendon for a couple of hours with plenty of small cod,coalies,scotties a couple of keepers and a shed load of maki.(thanks to phill for ground baiting the swim with cheese and onion sarnies).The sea started to flatten the further we headed out but phill had enough at this point with tight belly and dry lips and no more cheese and onion sarnies left for ground bait. i took him home with some simpothy.me and col went back out(half hour later)to find the sea calming,sun coming out and to be a beutifull day,went over some wrecks about 3 mile out and got some nice cod and ling with paitents it was a nice slow drift about 0.5 to 0.7 so used the fresh maki for bait which paid off in the end,took 12 keepers in total (cod,ling) of about 70 fish ,kept 20 maki for bait and frooze some for future use,rest was returned,all in all we had another great day on the jenna lee.some pics to follow if i can get my blue tooth working,hope weather is good for next weekend,cant wait,cheers for reading ian.

Sounds good Ian ,looking forward to the pics mate.
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Spot on mate .. lol 2 trips in one day .. class
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great report Ian. Seems the macky are well established of Sunderland. Your rigt, i think this coming weeks a right off
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Hi Ian, Looked like you had a good day , pleased to see plenty of fish in your bags, when we passed you last night you were on the diesel berth. Went out on the Moonraker to keep an eye on a boat that had engine problems and the kids on the pier drum were pulling mackerel in as well. My boat ( Riever Sportsman ) is up for sale then i'm after a M/F 580 they look like a really good boat.....

Comment

That wasnt you coming in and tieing up on the waiting pontoon, we asked you how things were and we were told that one of the lads was bad so you came in to drop him off?

Comment

Spot on esp going back out well done on getting into the fish mate
              Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Working...
              X