Beadnell 05.06/06.06/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadnell 05.06/06.06/10

Delayed report here again, never mind...

Launched from Beadnell around 9am Saturdau morning with my dad, my mate pete and his old man mick. Was met with a fair rolling but very smooth sea (which I believe was the legacy of the south easterly breeze from the day before).

Into fish straight away with Mick (who was beginning to look a bit green in the gills) taking the largest of around 5lb. Fished for about an hour the headed up to the back of Beadnell - I thought the ride to beadnell may help micks ropeyness but it wasn't to be. Started fishing and hit plenty of nicely marked cod up to 4lb. unfortunately micks breakfast began to make multiple appearances so I offered to take him back - which he immediately accepted!

so, dropped mick off at the harbour (to which he then wandered along the beach and fell asleep in a sand dune for an hour and a half!!)

Started drifting up to the north sunderland buoy with the tide hitting the odd codling as we went.

We began to run very short of sinkers so I told my dad to freeline one of the those sidewinders and see what happened - the result was a cracking pollock almost immediately. the method was then copied by pete and he and my dad both enjoyed some cracking sport with codling up to 4lb on them. This is definitely a method i will be persuing more often!!

Headed back around 4pm - brilliant day with weather to match!
    All fish taken on baited daylights/hokkis/muppets and sidewinders.

Got out yesterday also with a few mates for around 3 hours, managed about 20 fish , 5 keepers but headed in as my pal chris was seasick and my other mate phil didnt look far off it either!!

Heres a few pics...

a nice cod (returned to fight another day) taken on a pink sidewinder

my old man with his pollock taken on a freelined sidewinder

my dad and pete with a double shot of codling - again on the sidewinders

pete with his catch
    Last edited by dave craig; 07-06-2010, 04:50 PM.

Well done lads. Plenty of codling around up there at the moment!

I never lost 1 lead when i was out on Friday, my dad lost 1 lead.
    Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Nice read mate and decent catch nice one
      Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Working...
      X