Wor Lass 7th June and Three Firsts of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wor Lass 7th June and Three Firsts of the Season

I managed to get out for a couple of hours after work tonight. The sea wasn’t as flat as it looked from the shoreand was picking up through the evening so this was probably my last chance to fish with the weather forecast to take a turn for the worse through the week.
    To minimise the traveling time I headed for the relatively close, Steeple wreck for a few drifts. The first drift was quiet, second one missed the wreck with the excuse of the changing wind and tide before third drift that ran sweetly down the length of the wreck. It was fast drift, over 1knot; with the line angling out behind the boat, I bumped the lead along the wreck. Half way along, I took my first ling of the season that fell to a ragworm baited yellow muppet. Not your classical ling tactic and not very attractive to other fish too. It looked about 7lb and returned to the deep like a torpedo. Dropping back down after the ling, the first mackerel of the season somehow took a 6/0 hook.
    I tried another couple of wrecks close in landing some small coddling and haddock from Scotland before heading back in with the sea building all the time. Another first for the season was that I finished a full session without feeding the wrecks a single hook or lead.

I think someone must have been down and closed all the portholes Kevin.
    At least you didn't blank. Arthur
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
      I think someone must have been down and closed all the portholes Kevin.
      At least you didn't blank. Arthur
      Not closed, just blocked with lead from my last visits.

Comment

Working...
      X