cresswell 3rd yak sesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cresswell 3rd yak sesh

well we set off again this morn 4 a sesh 4am at cresswell on the yak, it was a loverly morning sun just coming up over the water again.
    it was hard going 2 start with, we could'nt seem 2 find the fish then keith hit in2 a macky that had swollowed his beach bomb lead, mad any way we tryed at anchor & drift with nothing 2 show.
    a sml tommy then came up by keith then another by me but was still very slow, keith then got a clonking wrasse & the codling started showing there faceswe still had a good 4 hour sesh with a good few codling & keith managed 2 get 4 good wrasse then i hit in2 a good fish that i could'nt get up off the bottom & lost it. a few more codling & pout came up & i hit in2 another good fish that turned out 2 b a nice cod of 7lb
    our paddle out-

1 of keiths wrasse-

my fish of 7lb

me up the eyes in fish guts

our keepers of the day not as good as our 1'st 2 sesh's but it took a while 2 pin point the fish this time.

Nice one lads, some good stamp of fish there.

I should get myself a yak, it's closest I'll come to owning a boat
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

cheers keith m8, the 7lb'er i got also had a whole rockling in its mouth + the my big crab bait lol

Comment

Nice one lads, canny session with good fish to go with it

Comment

Cracking sesh lads nice one.
          Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Thems nice plump fish, well worth the trip.
            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
              Thems nice plump fish, well worth the trip.
              yep they were all stuffed solid with crabs m8

Comment

Nice report, must be nice drifting around with no engine noise etc.

Never say never Keith, i used to think that and had 3 good years so far.
                ................__................................ .............................
                ____[ ~ \_____
                [__On-A-Roll__/
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                P.B
                SKATE 204lb
                COD 51lb
                LING 32lb
                TOPE 40lb
                CONGER 25lb
                HADDOCK 10lb
                HALIBUT 37lb
                COALIE 16lb
                BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                  Nice one lads, some good stamp of fish there.

I should get myself a yak, it's closest I'll come to owning a boat
                  great fun keith m8 aswell as b'ing able 2 get in among the skeers 4 the reddies, we r fine in about 10inches - 12 inches of water& has every thing a boat has GPS, sounder, fish finder,
                  ship 2 shore & flares only no motors just paddle power or some yaks now have peddle power & they do shift.

Comment

Well done billy, seems like youre enjoying the yaking mate, very tempted to give it a go, bet it's a peacefull sesion on a flat sea.

Comment

What a waste ! Taking residential fish from the kelp beds, dont moan because theres not much to be had from those same areas come sept- oct.

Comment

Dont worry about it Slatey. as fish move out
                        , other fish move in to take their place.

Comment

Originally posted by Topfly View Post
                          Dont worry about it Slatey. as fish move out
                          , other fish move in to take their place.
                          Sorry topfly but i disagree,those fish will have been there all summer and will only be replaced once the fresh run fish start coming in with on the set of the winter seas, and as we all know this can be hit and miss. The fish caught early on in the season tend to be red or brown fish which have lain in the kelp beds all summer and once their caught it will be the following spring before more fish re-settle.
                          Last edited by slatey; 04-08-2010, 05:51 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

Working...
                          X