Another day out at sunderland :0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day out at sunderland :0)

well set of this morning at 8;30am and was greeted by a building sea not a good sign i thought at the time in the morning anyway tried for some mackrell half a mile from the pier end but only managed 2 between three of us so we headed off to our first wreck with a choppy sea beneath us had 2 drifts on it and nothing to show so decided to go into deeper water we arrived at the wreck to seagulls diving all over it couldnt get past the mackrell they were coming up in full strings so ditched the hokkias and just used a orange jigger baited with macky with us finally getting past the macky straight away 3 of us were into fish which turned out to be two 5lb cod and a nice 5lb pollock so next drift we tried the same tactics bang again another fish of around 5lb then they started to get bigger i took one of about 8lb the next drift i hooked into something a little bigger which was a 12lb cod with the weather dying all the time i knew it was going to be a good day we hit a few more cod in the 5 to 8lb bracket then my father hooked into a nice 14lb 7oz ling anyway we ended up with around 11 cod to 12lb and 5 ling to 14lb and 1 pollock not mega amounts of fish but like last time it was more quality over quantity there was one big downer today my father lost a real good cod off about 1 foot from the top which looked well over 20lb but theres always next time

cheers deano
    Cod machine

Cod machine

Comment

Nice report Dean with a good overall stamp size landed.

Alan

Comment

Nice one Deano, a good stamp of fish there mate,

Comment

Canny result once you get through the mackerel. Good post.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

I bet your lass was impressed when you proceeded to gut those fish in HER sink.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by wildcard View Post
              I bet your lass was impressed when you proceeded to gut those fish in HER sink.

Alan
              she guts them for me
              Cod machine

Comment

Originally posted by kingcod deano View Post
                she guts them for me
                You are a very lucky man there Dean, she's one in a million

Alan

Comment

Working...
                X