Bold Endeavour / short trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold Endeavour / short trip

Short trip last night never going more than a mile from the harbour. I wanted a few mackerel to freeze for the winter which didn't take long for once, they were close in to the north of the harbour. Seeing the water had cleaned up so much we deciced to have an hour trolling around the island. The fishing was steady but there were loads of pots to contend with - hooked one rope but got the diver back ok. Skipper Michael got three at once in 9ft of water, a first there, and we took some good fish at a deeper depth 60ft and over. Weather perfect - calm and overcast

This was one of the larger fish (camera gets in the way of fishing!)

Total caught / 9 good sized pollack, 23 small, 1 cod and half a basket of mackerel.
    Return journey 15 mins, just enough time to fillet some mackerel and pollack to eat - an enjoyable night

Thats a cracking pollack well done mate.
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

nice one colin, we'll get there I`m sure

cracking fish mate

norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

A stunning fish Colin, mackeral for bait in the winter! I thought it was cod only! Four more weekends until home time for me, we have just sailed from Singapore and are awaiting immigration clearance before heading dwon to Australia.

Graham

Comment

Yes Graham I like mackerel bait in the winter! three hooks always one with mackerel on. Water really clear now, gannets diving inbetween the piers this morning. The island pic might give the marks for the pollack mind! I think Norman is on the verge of being a troller now as well !
          See you when you get back Graham

Comment

I was looking at the picture and thought you were on the "wrong" side of the island!

Graham.

Comment

amble

good to hear your back in time to give the wrecks their september "DUSTING",looking forward to some more good reports and pictures
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Wow! what crisp clear photo's of that lovely pollock and the island. Nice one Got any video of trolling just to get a little insight of how to go about it. lol
                Last edited by canman; 01-08-2010, 06:55 PM.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Posted a small video piece on the vids section last week if it's any help!

Comment

Working...
                  X