Wrecking Sunderland 31.07.2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecking Sunderland 31.07.2010.

Set out early this morning at 11.30 LOL. Me and Big Tel decided to do the wrecks around the 7 mile mark, calling at a few on the way.
    The first wreck we could have filled the boat with mackerel and this carried on for every wreck. We plugged away and managed 5 cod 4lb to 6lb and 1 ling about 6lb and 40 mackerel to freeze from 5 wrecks. Dont know how many we threw back but it was quite a few.
    Wind picked up at 3.30 so we ploughed our way back in and anchored up in the bay to do the filleting. Thanks to Big Tels missus for letting him go fishing an their anniversary, .
    Sorry no pics but have decided not to take any until we get a doubler,,,,could be a long wait

atleast you got into a few fish mate and a nice stamp too imsure you will get a double soon mate the fishing seems to be picking up
    Cod machine

Comment

king ling

Well done on getting past the maki chris,we got out at 6 this morning with a bit of a swell on but not to bad,went over first wreck about 3 mile marker just to find the maki were taken every thing in our box,By the time you could hit the bottom the wreck was long gone,plus with a drift of 1.4kn we headed into hard ground with only picking up 1 cod and one ling a bit dissapointed but thats fishing?..I to am still waiting of that double,It will happen mate there seems to be plenty getting caught.....we just in the wrong place at the wright time..

Comment

Hi King Ling, The wind dropped off for a couple of hours after i saw you in the basin and the drift was spot on. As you say the maki were a pest and ruined a lot of drifts

Comment

king ling

we spent ages cleaning the blood and maki guts of the boat and wind semed to have droped by then,always the case but had enough by then..lol

Comment

I,ve been waiting for my doubler now for 4 years ha ha. Lost a big one half way up at Whitby couple of seasons ago. I know i,ll get one its just a matter of time and patience.

Mick.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Yeah Mick, they say everything comes to he who waits, just some of us cant wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                I,ve been waiting for my doubler now for 4 years ha ha. Lost a big one half way up at Whitby couple of seasons ago. I know i,ll get one its just a matter of time and patience.

Mick.
                hi mick, it will come eventually, got my PB at whitby both on cod (32lb) and ling (28lb), both caught out at "the wall", 26 mile out. It was about 15 years ago when i got the cod but still fish whitby quite a lot and every year i usually manage to top 20lb. In my opinion I reckon the secret is to fish big, (bait or lures) it does limit your catch but you tend to catch the bigger ones.

Comment

Good to see your getting used to the boat chris ....
                  The double is out there just waiting for you ........

norm
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                  ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Yes Norm, confidence is building and the boundries expanding, tried the windlass out yesterday but it is really slow at lowering and hauling the anchor, my mate Big Tel can do it in a fraction of the time....

Comment

Don't give up on the doubler, it'll definitely come to you or Tell, who by the way, has already landed a goodun, especially fishing on their wedding anniversary. Do take some pics on your next outing, its only right to see fish on yer new boat. Go getem boys
                      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Ok Arthur just for you mate....Probably blank now....

Comment

Aye the anchor job is deffinately a cabin boys duty ...... dont want to take too much out of the batteries by using a windlass ...

norm
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Yeah Norm, i could'nt believe how slow it was at lowering, i'll have to go uptide about half a mile for it to drop in time to hold me where i want to be. Do you know if these winlasses have a release for fast dropping , the only instruction booklet i didnt get with the boat was this one. Does sound like it takes it out of the battery when hauling....Just looked it up it is a Quick Genius Ultra On Deck Windlass £685 would you believe it.....But no manual to download..
                            Last edited by The Jester; 03-08-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

never used a one chris ... cabin boys are cheaper they work for a days pay of fresh fish, but by the looks of the effort required (by the said cabin boy) to raise the anchor it must pull a few amps outta the battery

norm
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Working...
                              X