Shady H - 16th Aug. 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady H - 16th Aug. 2015

Bert, Sless and myself this morning, bit of a late start after a starter motor malfunction, good job we have spares out the piers for about 7am.

We steamed straight to a favorite spot about 6 mile off and we were straight into the cod on the occasions we could get to the bottom past the mackerel. Shads rigged above a pirk fished well and after about 45 mins we had a nice box of cod. Once the box was full we moved to another wreck which held a few fish, the best this one for Bert which bounced on the scales between 10 & 11lb.

Back on the moorings for about 11.30am and off to the pub for a well deserved Guiness after an hours filleting for the three of us

Tally for the morning, 39 cod, 1 ling, 1 whiting and lots of mackerel.

Thanks for a great morning Bert & Graham.
    Cheers, Keith.

Nice one lads, great stuff,

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great fishing lads well done on the biggie skipper.👍

Comment

Well done lads, canny haul.

We struggled getting thru the mackerel this afternoon.

Comment

Well done cracking bag.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

nice early trip well done jeff
            http://www.kayakfishingshack.co.uk/[B]

Comment

always pays to have spares--could have malfunctioned "out there"

nice little trip no good being back in before boozers open
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

I've never seen this particular boozer closed
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Aye as Keith has already mentioned it was a bit of a "shady" start to the morning and i was a bit stressed to say the least esp with a special guest making a appearance for the first time in quite a while
                  Any way after a bit muck and oil and a few puffs and pants "try that Keith"
                  and we were in business ,after a little stop off to gear up for the day we were piers bound
                  We were met by a flat sea and blazing sunshine (you could tell it wasn't sat morn lol)
                  I stuck to ower original plan even tho i was a very late start for us,plotter programmed and off we went ,about half way to ower destination and the dolphins were putting on a show leaping clear of the water and big splash downs brilliant to see but didn't stop as i was on a mission lol
                  Arrived at the chosen mark only to see another boat fishing and it was my mate on his boat "you caught owt ?" i shouted ...."cant get down because of the tigers" but they had 2 cod ......i set up the drift and all 3 of us had rods bent into hard fighting good sized plump cod ,this is it i thought back round again and back to the bottom only to be taken half way by mackerel aaaahhhhhhh its so frustrating when you know theres cod down there ,and when you touched bottom sure enough rods bent over! again and again the mackerel were leaping on and i was starting to scream with frustration ,the pirks were not as good as they normally are but the shad traces were doing the biz if you could get down lol
                  But no sooner had it started the the dreaded switch was flipped every anglers nightmare ! not even a mackerel .....dead ,But we had a canny box in a short space of time and started to head back
                  Great Morning Great company and a canny catch Quality
                  Cheers Bert

Comment

Great write up Bert, I can feel the mackerel frustration in your words lol

Norm
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great job lads - got to trust the forecast for this week coz it's looking grim at the minute
                      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                      I AGREE

Comment

Great fishing lads, a box full of fish and you’re still back in time for the pub to start serving pints of breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                        X