X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 22nd August 2015

Very late weekend report from the crew this weekend

Got a 5 week old that is taking up my time a bit at the minute

Anywho after a couple of week lay off it was a very dark pre 5am start that saw myself and the Skipper meet up at the RQ

So off we went up the river with dawn still over an hour away - there was no pre-amble this week...we had a plan and that plan was to start about 8 miles away

Long story short is that this week was all about keeping you honest - fishing is not easy, fish do not always jump into the boat...sometimes you have to graft and graft we did!

After threads and conversation about "where's the macky" we could certainly not say that this week - they were about in plague proportions...any kind of bare hook was hooking into them on the way to the bottom

We managed a box full of tigers purely by accident - I shudder to think what would have happened if we had actually targeted them!

And so it was that after quite a number of miles of travelling about we did still end up with a number of fish in the box but were reminded that nothing is a given in this world

Pics from the day:

My daughter telling me how big a fish I should catch

Sunrise

Fish caught Hartlepool stylee

Sun climbing higher in the morning sky

Slightly larger one using the Hartlepool method...

Norman was able to catch them as well

Cheers Norman - apologies again for late report

Thanks for reading

Tony
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

How big ! did she say they had to be

Lol

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done lads, great photo's too. Looks like the Slinky shads have taken a back seat for the moment. Looks like your daughter is already thinking of her first sortie afloat
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

well done boys canny session
        consett warlord retired

Comment

ha-wondered where report was

great day to be at sea --good day for travelling--was very hard avoiding little tigers on sat,they even taking ripper hooks

nice pics and report---roll on next sat
          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Good report boys!
            2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Good stuff Tony and Norman, nice pics too.

Comment

Originally posted by Topfly View Post
                Good stuff Tony and Norman, nice pics too.

Where were you Jim, we had to drink your breakfast

Norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Fantastic pictures and a great report again!

Sean
                  The beautifull South

Comment

Well done on getting out and amongst them, cracking pics

Comment

brekkie

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                      Where were you Jim, we had to drink your breakfast Hahaha up at Huntley Castle on the Whiskey Trail , See you on Sat ( hopefully )☺

Norm
                      ☺hope the weather behaves

Comment

Got that wrong Norman lol, but you know what i mean ☺

Comment

Well done team Slinky. It certainly is dark at 5AM now, with only a hint of first light – not that we were up that early.
                          We had an early start of about 9AM and finished an hour later when the skipper wasn’t well What were your mackerel like? The ones we found were tiny, more like the west coast joeys.

Comment

Nice one lads.

We had arranged to meet at 4.30am, I got down at 4.0am and Bert was already over the boat, fuelled up etc. so we were heading down river not long after. As the boat moved there were loads of sprats leaping clear of the water, it continued all the way to the groyne, amazing sight never seen anything like it.

As reported by Tony, fishing was hard graft, we hit a wreck alive with ling, a fish a drift but they were nearly all just undersize. We ended up with 2 ling and three cod to about 7lb.

Thanks for the brekkies lads
                            Last edited by KeithB; 25-08-2015, 08:24 PM.
                            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1n View Post
                              Well done team Slinky. It certainly is dark at 5AM now, with only a hint of first light – not that we were up that early.
                              We had an early start of about 9AM and finished an hour later when the skipper wasn’t well What were your mackerel like? The ones we found were tiny, more like the west coast joeys.

Variable Kev, some places very small as you say but other places quite large. Got to say that it was the most mackerel I have ever seen, no matter what rig you used you couldn't get to the bottom, usually foul hooked so I guess they were simply there in vast carpet thick numbers.

Norm
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Working...
                              X