April or October??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April or October??

With Lynn and I taking this April and October to sample the delights of Eastern Europe rather then down your way, as the fishing has never served us well at those times of year and therefore only having 1 holiday in the North East, we thought next year, as well as the Summer, we would try another one in 2016.

So guys, we have choices : Week commencing 4th(or)11th April OR Week commencing 9th October. Obviously weather is a factor, but let's face it in this country who can predict that!?

What we would like is the boat guys to give us their perceived wisdom on which time of the year - Early April or early October - gives us the best chance of fish? We are bound by the school holidays, so those are our only options.

Any advice gratefully received.
    Last edited by kayos; 24-08-2015, 09:48 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

well from my experience I would plum for October. There are usually still a few decent fish around then. April is a bit early as the season doesn't kick off till late may. Just read a few catch reports for them times.
    •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
    LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
    CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
    THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
    COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
    CARP 30LB CANADA
    PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

october all the way mark--april is for running in front of car and getting tyred--or securing secretary to desk
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

October for me.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
        X