Evelyn Jane 2 - 24/8/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evelyn Jane 2 - 24/8/15

Out of Hartlepool with a forecast of very little wind and the swell from the weekend dropping off. We were greeted with 3 to 4 metre swells. Several on board, myself included were feeling a little worse for wear due to the conditions.
    Once we stopped on the hard ground the swells subsided and conditions were very good.
    A steady stream of fish came aboard all day mostly cod and ling in the 3 - 6 lb range.
    Plenty of fish on the shads but mussel was the top catcher. All the fish were on the hard ground, Only had one fish from a wreck. Mackerel were a nightmare, you just couldn't get through them to get on the bottom, and even when you got to the bottom the mackerel were still there and taking anything.
    Eight anglers fished and there must have been aprox. 100 decent fish taken.
    Thanks very much Jason for your help on the day.

been out today on the sapphire from sunderland hard going with the wind and the tide my m8 springer got a nice cod 8lb.
    the problem was the number of chinese on board 7 mackie bashing we where the only two trying for cod or ling on the wrecks,
    soon as they hit mackie about 20 feet down they reeled in and pulling in your gear in
    possible they intend to do curry mackerel or mackerel chow main in the take away to night.
    Attached Files
    consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
      been out today on the sapphire from sunderland hard going with the wind and the tide my m8 springer got a nice cod 8lb.
      the problem was the number of chinese on board 7 mackie bashing we where the only two trying for cod or ling on the wrecks,
      soon as they hit mackie about 20 feet down they reeled in and pulling in your gear in
      possible they intend to do curry mackerel or mackerel chow main in the take away to night.
      It's a waste of time when people just fish for macky, Spoils your day
      Should only be allowed on macky trips.
      Chris

Comment

Peter gets his fair share of foreign anglers. Bloody nuisance the Chinese

Well done both of yous. In those conditions
        PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
        PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
        PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
        PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

sapphire sunderland

any way result for my m8 springer nice fish
          consett warlord retired

Comment

boat trip

Why not set your own thread away instead of hijacking someone elses !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fish2704 View Post
              Why not set your own thread away instead of hijacking someone elses !!!!!!!!
              it was not my intention to hijack any thread just placed it in the wrong section PM sent
              consett warlord retired

Comment

Working...
              X