whitby Mistress 8/9/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whitby Mistress 8/9/2015

Got booked on with Rich on the Mistress on tuesday.
    Pleasant start from whitby , everybody on time and looking to be a good day, overcast but not cold. It was a competition we were fishing so the hunt was on for the big ones.
    It drizzled a bit later but otherwise a good day. Rich had decided to go to rough ground about an hour away. Unfortunately this was a bit of a non starter with only occasional fish coming aboard some mackeral but not much cod after about half to three quarters of an hour, so...up stumps and try again. same story at a different mark not a lot fish ( except I got a nice 10lb ling ) we were trying shads , squid, mackerel So... of we go again, next stop was cod central, first and every drift every rod into fish all at least 4lb biggest was 10lb
    I made the mistake of putting 2 baited hokias on. soon took that off and went back to fishing shads, then big baits looking for the big one at least 4 more ling came aboard.
    It was like that until we had to set off back for the weigh in I think first prize that day went to a 17lb ling off another boat.
    can't wait till next week for another crack at it.
    I don't do the facebook thing but there is a lot of pictures on the Rich's Mistress page. If anybody got a link??
    N.A.C.C.

Sounds like a great day out for you. Rich is a top skipper, here is the link to his facebook page.

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

cheers Kayos

look ... theres me with me ling and double hokiais. haha
      N.A.C.C.

Comment

No problem, I see you had the spot Lynn always takes, so she can fish while sitting on her bum!!
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
        X