The Cowpen Queen 10/09/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cowpen Queen 10/09/15

A bit of a strange one as I didn't think I would fish from The Cowpen Queen again but my mate Lance bought her last month and she is now back at Royal Quays.
    We headed off today at a very leisurely time and pushed off to the ten mile mark with the forecasted weather coming from the East and an easy trip home in mind.
    We tried five well off wrecks for the sum total of two codlings, moving back inshore a bit we had the biggest fish of the day, a ling about 5lb for Lance and a couple of whiting.
    Next up a bit further in with the wind freshening as forecast and we finally found the fish! We had about 50 cod between 2-4lb. All on Shads and light gear making great sport.

All great scrapers and most of them returned to fight another day. The increasing wind made for a thrilling ride in but all in all a great day all around.

Graham.

Great to see you back in the fishing reports Graham. The forecast was accurate, so good yous managed to find the fish in the end.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Nice one graham , glad you found them.

Norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

TCQ rides again.

Well done for fitting in a trip and finding the fish.

Comment

Plenty of fish around then Graham. Let's hope they find their way inshore for the winter !
          Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

Working...
          X