Twice in a Week With Wor Lass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twice in a Week With Wor Lass

Today’s weather and forecast were too good to ignore for this time of year; I soon booked the afternoon off work, first to dig some lug then to go fishing.

The three mile wrecks were empty, and the drift proved a little awkward with the southerly wind flowing against a southerly tide. This called for a trip inshore to St Mary’s which had proved so reliable last Sunday.

No one else was there and no fish showed to start with. The tide was stronger here and the drift in the opposite direction to further out. I eventually hit a pocket of fish, all a good stamp around 2 ~ 3lb with a few better fish. A couple of kayaker paddled out, hopefully they found the fish too.

I thought I’d hooked the best of the day which turned out to be a five pounder with the line looped around its tail and a second smaller fish on the other hook.

Several more drops saw double shots of fish brought up on both hooks. All of them except for one were returned.

Coming in two-by-two.

Fishing got better and better to the point it was time to show some restraint as fish hit the lures within seconds of dropping them over the site. Putting the rod to one side for a few minutes, I set up the Go-Pro video for some shots above and below the water. I’ll see how it came out and post an edited version if it’s any good.

Great stuff Kev, certainly seems to be a season for inshore fishing.
    Best fighting fish around when they are there and great pan fish

Well done ...

Ps it's great on the diesel as well

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great result in the end Kevin. It' s been the most consistant area this season. Were you on your own, or was Steve with you.......
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

I was out on my own yesterday Arthur, after taking a last-minute day off. Some poor sods had to work yesterday afternoon. That will be it for this week with too much on this weekend. Good luck if you get out.

I’ve uploaded an underwater video and the above water one is on the way, showing how hectic it was out there.

Comment

Cracking stuff Kev.,You always seem to find the fish. Always been on the look out for you when I've been out.

Comment

Working...
          X