Jester 27.08.2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jester 27.08.2011.

It was a case of should i, should'nt i today, so a check of the Roker Wecam showed the sea flat calm , and a phone call to Big Tel to see if he was busy...and he was....watching telly . So it was confirmed we were going fishing despite the rain...
    So we started off on a wreck around the 7 mile mark, after a few drifts i thought here we go again, another quiet day, then Tel got into a good fish , which turned out to be a matching pair of 3lb Pollock .

Kept at it for an hour and then moved closer in to another wreck, which produced a 6lb Ling for Tel and a 3lb Cod for me taken on a white shad.

I'd taken some frozen crab with me today, so it was time to hit the rough ground for a spot of bait fishing,

this provided a bit sport with Whiting, Coalies, Blegs, Codling, and this fella...

After a lumpy start it turned out to be a good day , despite a rolling swell , doesnt bother me normally, but i felt a bit queesy today .
    All fish pan size but welcome. Plenty shoals of macky still about to fill in the barren spells..
    Forcast was spot on today...

Nice one chris ... aye your right about the forcast it was correct hour by hour .....

norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............
      Last edited by codseeker; 29-08-2011, 12:44 AM.
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

looks like you did better than we did on monday mate couple of pollock there and i have forgetting what a cod looks like with all these ling about well done lads it looked spot on today
        Cod machine

Comment

Well done chris , I had a stinker today , well , I enjoyed my day out , sort of , but the fish were not playing ball today , nor was the sea , are you sure you are fishing the same sea as us up at Amble

Ray

Comment

Aye Ray, The pic of Tel sitting bait fishing was taken around 2.00, but it was a totally different sea at 10.00, it dropped off nicely on the afternoon

Comment

.................................................. .................................................. ......................
              Panel Pin Champ

Comment

well done on your catch chris,i was up at creswell with the kids and the dogs and it was white tops as far out as you could see!just shows you what difference a few mile down the coast makes!

Comment

Couple of nice pollock Tell caught Chris, the pic of the wrasse is nice and sharp, but I see you've been biting your nails, worried by Tel getting MORE fish than you. Good post
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Arthur, The thumb end was bitten off by a shark, when i was shark fishing years ago ....
                    Only kidding, i had an argument with a Mel Hammer....and the hammer won

Comment

Yes , I thought it looked like hammer rash , most of us construction types have bits missing , I've been fortunate , all my bits are still in place , apart from a few brain cells maybe from when I used to stick panels on walls with evo stick ..................... now that was a laugh

Comment

Aye Ray, the construction industry certainly isn't good for your health .
                        Bet you felt happy using the Evo Stick

Comment

bet you said oh bother ive hit my thumb how dreadfully inconvenient
                          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

i chris ,it still sounds like it's hard going out there ,and them lazy swells mate,i posted somthing about the swells not so long back coz thay cripple me m8,nice wrasse by the way,but wheres all the cod gone.

Comment

Bet you said, Oh, that hurt.
                              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                              X