STINGRAY 4th Sept 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STINGRAY 4th Sept 2011

I was kindly invited to fish onboard Stingray by owner Richy,this was going to be my 13th trip of the season. I'm not one for being superstitious but that number 13 did stick in the back of my mind.Anyway left R.Q. marina at 06:00 and headed out to perfect conditions, tried one or two close in marks with things looking not good (13) so head North picked up 3 or 4 Codling but it was hard going. Richy then took the decission to head South down to Sunderland/Seaham area. Pirks, Shads, Hokkias and Daylights were all tried and failed (13) to produce fish.The only method was a baited flowing trace,Thank God for Mackerel.The day ended being a Ling day with 5 or 6double Ling coming onboard not forgetting a new P.B. for myself the weight had to be an estimated one due to the scales onboard, but Richy said it was in the mid to high twenties (13 lucky for some).Once safely back in marina the Ling was weighed by one of the Royal Quays staff it hit the thirty (30lb). Gobsmacked I think was the word to describe the four of us standing at the scales.
    So a BIG Thank You to Richy (Northeast1) for the invitation there always welcome and appreciated,Cheer's Richy.
    To all out there thinking Oh! 13, dont be put off it may just be your luck day.

Last edited by big sid; 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Cracking Ling at 30lb and at this stage of the season I guess it will take some beating for the RQ's big fish prize.
    Well done.

Comment

Excellent mate, got any pictures of the beast?
      Chris

Comment

well done lads be nice to see a pic of the monster i lost one a few weeks back from the sunderland area congrats on your pb
        Cod machine

Comment

Stingray or now renamed 'Lingray'

Standing next to Graham when he landed the monster - cracking fish - not to mention the other double figure fish the boat took - Richy certainly knows his stuff - looking forward to the next trip already.
          http://jemnessgsd.homestead.com/home.html

Weapons of Choice

A Fishing Rod
          A Reel
          Hook, Line, Sinker
          Some Bait

Comment

Fish of a lifetime! Congrats Graham!
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Pic's now uploaded cheers
              Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Originally posted by kingcod deano View Post
                well done lads be nice to see a pic of the monster i lost one a few weeks back from the sunderland area congrats on your pb
                i remember that 1

cracking fish that sid welldone on the pb
                Panel Pin Champ

Comment

cracking ling well done

Comment

Originally posted by EddieS View Post
                    Standing next to Graham when he landed the monster - cracking fish - not to mention the other double figure fish the boat took - Richy certainly knows his stuff - looking forward to the next trip already.
                    How were you this time Eddie. Got yr sea legs back?

Comment

now thats a nice one nice report too

Comment

great fish,nice report,and good to see a stingray report also
                        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Very well done indeed
                          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                          I AGREE

Comment

Thats a fish of a lifetime from our waters, a big well done , i was fishing off Souter and saw an Arvor heading south at about 12.00-1.00 ish, was it Richy

Comment

Superb fish Sid, bet you could have caught flies when your jaw dropped when that monster broke surface. Lucky for some...........13, just as well your not superstitious. Great report and pics and good to read a report from Stingray again.
                              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                              X