Lazy Daze report 15th Sept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Daze report 15th Sept.

Headed towards the can, (just for a change), and second drop got a double header, 4/1/2lb and 2/1/2lb, the bigger one hooked through the tail, so fought like the clappers, me thinking it was a belter. After that, it was a run on wrasse, so moved 100mtrs got another size codling, then again, smaller fish.Might have had a few more keepers, but the braid on the lighter rod snapped 3 times at the tip when I struck into fish, (maybe wrapping it around trees is not a good idea), so I'll have to replace that.
    When the tide eased, I had a run out to a couple of wrecks, but only managed 1 size codling about 3/1/2lb, and loads of good size pout 2 at a time.
    No pics to day as the camera battery was flat.
    Hope to get out again soon to use the rest of my bait up.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Well done Arthur it’s good to read about some fish coming in. Looking at the forecasts you've picked the only fishable day for some time.

Comment

Well done on the catch nice to read a report.

Comment

nice one arthur.........

Comment

Well done Arthur, good to see the codling are still about at your favourite spot , check your tip ring to see if the ceramic is cracked, mine was when my braid kept snapping.

Comment

well done on your catch,deffo worth checking your end eye like chris said as ive also had the same problem in the past!

Comment

Smashing catch and report mate well done.

Comment

Had the magnifying glass on it but can't see anything. Will put new braid on it when it arrives from Hong Kong, then if that snaps, will need to replace tip ring.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

i it was a good day like i said we headed straight out of piers about 3 mile water was clear there was nice to wet a line

Comment

Working...
                  X