Cracking day on the Upholer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracking day on the Upholer

Howdy, well still being off work and in country I decided on a trip on the Upholder out of Amble yesterday and what a cracking day it was! The weather also decided to play fair yesterday and we generally just had a gentle roll all day! Fishing was good as well and I was pleased as I took my dad who hasn't been on a boat for at least twenty years and for the last couple of days he's been reminiscing about the 'good ole days' when he'd be bringing up double shots of double figure fish from boats such as the 'Tynewinder' and when all fish under 5 lb went back! Sadly I think I've missed those days!

Anyway, the fishing didn't disappoint and I had a 6.5 lber within the first 5 minutes and then a continued quarry of good quality fish was coming aboard for the rest of the morning.

My first two fish

By lunch time it was 5-5 between us and then things quietened off in the afternoon! My dad managed one more decent one and we both had smaller stuff through out the rest of the day, and we also stocked the freezer with some mackerel!

5 fish I kept

Some decent fish between us!

We took 11 home in total and the gutted fish weighed 47 lb, which I think is a good days work!!

All sorts of methods worked yesterday with my favourites being a blue shad or a big lump of crab bounced along the bottom! My dad did really well with Hokkais with a red tail, but all methods on the boat were taking fish!!

A brilliant day and a massive thanks to Davey the Skipper!

Tight Lines

Chopper

good day all round then! and fish look a healthy size!...im still trying to lure my stepdad out to the sea...he used to own boats..but now seems to have a fear of the sea lol
    Bring
    Out
    Another
    Thousand

Comment

Looks like you had a cracking day well done and some good weather to go with it
      CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

Comment

great days fishin for ya there mate nice 1
        Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

excellent day out lads good haul of fish that
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

good weather good fishinghappy punters well done to all
            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Some nice cod there Chopper, looks like you had a great day, . I think your dad has topped you for the biggest fish by the look of the pics

Comment

yes by pics dads defo the top man great report and pics very well done to you guys cracking looking fish there.

Comment

well done m8 sum nice looking fish.............................................. .................................................. ....... pity you didnt close your mouth on the photos tho

Comment

Originally posted by flynnt View Post
                    well done m8 sum nice looking fish.............................................. .................................................. ....... pity you didnt close your mouth on the photos tho
                    im intrigued flynt closed mouthopen mouthand the difference is

the lad aint on a photo session for a fashion magazine
                    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by flynnt View Post
                      Sorry to disappoint Flynnt! I'm sure there are other forums and sites you could use where you can find prettier boys than me!!!!!!

Comment

Great day out mate well done nice haul.
                        Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Good day out chopper, and congrats for tempting your dad out. Bet he was pleased to get back in the swing of things. Some nice "pot size fish there, and good pics.
                          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                          X