cod on the jelly eel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cod on the jelly eel

After getting bored fishing with heavy gear thought I'd have a try with the jelly eel and it worked, so well that Jason (Amble SAC) took the rod off me. Great weather to be fishing off Amble in a small boat.

cod on jelly eel - YouTube

Great video Col. Will I be trying this method, DAM RIGHT! I will.
    Trolling with divers, Jellies on a spinning rod, what is next a cod on the fly or maybe a pole and maggot

Comment

Looks like great sport Colin! The sea is like a mill pnd! I must have missed that day! Could you pm me your mobile mate as I have lost it!

Graham.

Comment

What a lovely day to be afloat, that looks like so much fun

great video
        PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Originally posted by Graham B View Post
          Looks like great sport Colin! The sea is like a mill pnd! I must have missed that day! Could you pm me your mobile mate as I have lost it!

Graham.
          One of those days where the wind fell away, water was reasonably clear, a few fish about and the last of the ebb 0.5 to 0.3 knot. Rare to get the lot together as you know!

Comment

Superb Col , great video of a great day, those cod certainly don't realize the spring run was supposed to have finished months ago

great video

many thanks

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
              Superb Col , great video of a great day, those cod certainly don't realize the spring run was supposed to have finished months ago

great video

many thanks

norm
              Give it a go Norman, 15lb braid, a light spinning rod and one of your jellies in water 30 to 50ft. Lure weighs 48g, an ounce and a bit I think. Hope your next vid has you trying it!

Comment

Great fun spinning rod and jelly worms, a nice change from the heavier gear.
                I was using the same method in Iceland with jelly worms after ditching the big rod.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

i had a 4 hour trip on guide me from seahouses using my 8foot 20-40gram spinning rod and shimano 6010 baitrunner loaded with 12lb braid and had some great fun taking codling up to 3 1/2lb using small twin tailed shads had the rod beant to the cork

Comment

Working...
                  X