Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angling Trust

Hi Les,

We haven't spoken for a while. What's your take on the recent thread on WSF. I have no agenda here as I'm only as clued in as the next angler but, if accurate, seems to put the AT alongside the RSPB et all 're their political agenda.

Hi Dave,
    This is an extract from a 2011 e-mail from Mike Heylin, then chair of AT who has since moved on to the European Anglers Alliance. This is angling politics at its worst and the especially with the Bass situation that has been proposed for recreational boat anglers of a one fish bag limit, the usual suspects on WSF are questioning AT.
    I have a very strong view that does not necessarily fit the AT model especially for the North East. Unfortunately you need finance and support to run any org. The NFSAS still exists but to be honest it is a Insurance brokerage only. As my local labour councillor keeps telling me "no pay no say" I will e-mail you with some further info. I note that thread has not attracted the normal response and gone into multiple pages.

Comment

Hi Les,

Thanks for the reply. Will pm you.
      Last edited by Stores; 02-11-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loopy View Post
        Hi Dave,
        This is an extract from a 2011 e-mail from Mike Heylin, then chair of AT who has since moved on to the European Anglers Alliance. This is angling politics at its worst and the especially with the Bass situation that has been proposed for recreational boat anglers of a one fish bag limit, the usual suspects on WSF are questioning AT.
        I have a very strong view that does not necessarily fit the AT model especially for the North East. Unfortunately you need finance and support to run any org. The NFSAS still exists but to be honest it is a Insurance brokerage only. As my local labour councillor keeps telling me "no pay no say" I will e-mail you with some further info. I note that thread has not attracted the normal response and gone into multiple pages.
        For those of us that don't frequent the WSF website, but are interested in the policy and politics of NGO's toward angling....Is there any chance you could enlighten us on the craic?
        "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

RSA politics

To long a tale Rory, will ring you.

Comment

Working...
          X