Represent anglers interests in the NE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Represent anglers interests in the NE

Your opportunity to apply for North Eastern or Northumberland IFCA. Don't moan about netting, potting, bait digging bait collection, rules etc, do something about it.

The MMO is looking to appoint a number of members with marine experience to Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities in England.

Hi Les,

Thanks for the link. Do you think they would entertain paying travel expenses for 500 miles for 1 day a month?

I've downloaded the job specification and the language seems more accommodating, more sympathetic to the common man. Is there a softening here or is it just the fact that it is an MMO document rather than DEFRA or the like?

One question for you......the job specification talks about a balance of committee members. Could you tell us how many RSA's there are at present and, for the purpose of balance, how many would be necessary to represent us adequately. Hopefully there are enough members of NESA with sufficient time on their hands who would want to further the cause of us anglers.

ps ...any news from the NIFCA ..I did sign up for the newsletter et al but I don't receive anything.

Comment

Happy New Year Dave. North Eastern IFCA, the biggest from South of the Tyne down into Lincolnshire has had no RSA representation for 2 years despite numerous adverts. Northumberland at the moment has a charter skipper from Berwick, a boat and former shore angler from Cramlington and myself. I have completed my 4 year term and will have to re apply and take my chances along with 6 others on NIFCA. The balance at the moment is very good on NIFCA, go to the website, About, past the members list and click on members profiles this opens another page click on the smaller of the 2 members profiles and it will open a PDF and all will be revealed, this long way around will be fixed shortly. The light MMO touch is a very long story and not what it appears. Regarding the news letter the last being November if you did not get that I will chase it up. I have also asked that we save past Newsletters on the NIFCA website as a result of your post. Give me a ring if you want a more detailed explanation as to why we have all had to re apply in an open competition.

Regarding balance, it is required as we are a byelaw making authority, so if it had just scientist and conservation representation, I guess we might have byelaws biassed to that way of thinking. for instance on the recent byelaw review and now in consultation and hopefully law in April this year, a clause to allow the use of edible crab as bait by rod and line anglers (Cart) We have the second tranche of MCZs and Coquet to St Mary will be in that and management measure will be discussed.
      I have instigated a scientific survey in Druridge Bay as I believe it is a Turbot and Bass nursery area in an attempt to restrict some of the very close in trawling as seen last year , list goes on. You have to be in it to win it.
      Last edited by loopy; 22-01-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that Les..will have a gander
        "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

Working...
        X